Pastrami Habs way

Started by iceman, September 01, 2006, 01:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Here's what they looked like Hab. Nothing but great reviews and they're screaming for a repeat soon. Simple and soooo good. Thanks again for the great recipe.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Vampyr

Wow!  Looks really good Iceman.  I would love to cook one of those sometime.  :D

Habanero Smoker

That looks better then what I can make. Maybe I'll have you make it and you can ship it to me. :D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Habanero Smoker

Iceman;

I'm getting ready to make some pastrami, and I forgot to ask you about the briskets you used. Did you age them first? If so, for how long?

I
         don't
                   inhale.

owrstrich

that ting would not last 10 minutes in my possession... looks addictive...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

iceman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 13, 2006, 03:46:05 AM
Iceman;

I'm getting ready to make some pastrami, and I forgot to ask you about the briskets you used. Did you age them first? If so, for how long?
Hab, I used the Sam's club choice whole briskets and let them sit in the refer for a couple of weeks before cutting them up. Not that I meant to age them I just got busy and had the option of time working with me to do so. Old's sort of got me hooked on this. I did a couple of side by side comparisons and it did make a difference. :)

Habanero Smoker

Thanks. I have to get them smoked by the 30th, so I may age them for about a week to 10 days.

I
         don't
                   inhale.