America's Fishing Days Are Over

Started by Kummok, September 23, 2006, 10:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

I haven't validated this info, but it appears authentic :-\....if so, another one of Clinton's appointees on the loose, telling us that we can no longer fish navigable waters......I'll quit fishing navigable waters when they pry my fishing pole from my cold, dead hands  ;) ;D 8)

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1158440002

bubbagump

Quote from: Kummok on September 23, 2006, 10:17:26 PM
I haven't validated this info, but it appears authentic :-\....if so, another one of Clinton's appointees on the loose, telling us that we can no longer fish navigable waters......

It' authentic, but not going to happen. I wouldn't lose sleep over this one. Just some crack pot judge trying to get his name in print.

Vampyr

What a load of BS.  How do these people get in office anyway.  ???  Im sure it will be shot down tho.

pfowl01

How do they come up with this stuff? It's ridiculous!

TomG

I haven't validated this info, but it appears authentic
That's reasonable[ ???

....if so, another one of Clinton's appointees on the loose, telling us that we can no longer fish navigable waters
Yep! They should have impeached that guy for lying about his extramarital s*x life.  WMDs, "Mission Accomplished", Iraq's oil revenues will pay for the war, etc., etc., I can accept as reasonable miscalculations, but lying about heteros*xual fellatio, no way should he have been allowed to appoint a Fed. Judge.

Ah! I think judges just  interpret law?  I don't know, because I haven't read the case, but is it possible that he interpreted a bad law correctly so that on appeal the law could be rewritten?

Kummok

Quote from: TomG on September 24, 2006, 07:42:27 PM
Yep! They should have impeached that guy for lying about his extramarital s*x life.  WMDs, "Mission Accomplished", Iraq's oil revenues will pay for the war, etc., etc., I can accept as reasonable miscalculations, but lying about heteros*xual fellatio, no way should he have been allowed to appoint a Fed. Judge.

Ah! I think judges just  interpret law?  I don't know, because I haven't read the case, but is it possible that he interpreted a bad law correctly so that on appeal the law could be rewritten?

Yer right TG....shoulda seen the connection on this one...it IS Bush's fault, once again... ::)  ;D :D ;D

3rensho

Quote " They should have impeached that guy for lying about his extramarital s*x life."

Actually he was impeached, just not convicted if memory serves.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

iceman

Just another example of your tax dollars hard at work (against us)!!! >:( >:( >:(

Chez Bubba

Let's not turn this into a political forum & just keep to discussing smoking & stuff. Those of you wanting to banter with the enemy I'm sure know of plenty of other places to do so.

Nothing can turn good friends into "idiots" faster than politics or religion. I have no desire to try & moderate the heated discussions that are bound to occur.

Besides, you're tempting me to express my opinion & just make it worse! ;D

We're all here for a reason, let's remember what it is. :)

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

TomG

Sorry Chez, already had this one on the Enter button.   ;D

Kummock, I don't blame Bush for anything. The guy is earthy, some would say; "as dumb as dirt". He's just a poor, incompetent "decider".  It's his malicious, neo-conservative, criminally insane handlers and a corrupt, rubber stamping, Republican Congress that's destroying everything decent and noble for which this country has ever stood.

Re: http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1158440002

Just finished reading Judge Brown's decision,
http://howappealing.law.com/ParmVsShumate.pdf#search=%22Normal%20Parm%2C%20Jr.%20et%20al.%20v.%20Mark%20W.%20Shumate%2C%22

I'm obviously no lawyer, but it seems to me his rulings in three areas should have gladdened the stone hearts of even lunatic fringe right-wingers let alone honest conservatives.

1)   Private property rights-Walker Cottonwood's property is private and he has the right to deny its use to trespassers.
2)   State Rights-The State of Louisiana per La. Civ. Code art. 455-6 of 1870 suggests that," everyone has a right to bring his vessel to land and make fast to planted trees etc....... but private property is not for public use for all purposes", even though it happens to be located between the rivers high and low marks.
3)   Law and Order-Sheriff Shumate was being sued because he arrested the plaintiffs for trespassing on Walker Cottonwood's property.

What does the fact that Judge Brown was appointed by Clinton have to do with anything?  This ruling was right out of Scalia's playbook.

Five of us braved zero visibility(no radar) in FAC open seas on Sunday to get to our 18-mile "secret reef."  We ended up with limits of rock cod and 10 15-25 lb. lings. 15 lbs of ling fillets are in the brine and will be in the smoker tomorrow PM.

Peace and Kummock hold on to your rod. ;) ;D ;D

Kummok

I'll have to eat humble pie (can that be smoked?!?!?) and agree with TG and CB that the Clinton part of the original post didn't belong in the Bradley Smoker's fish thread......sometimes I "cain't hep mysef", coming from a responsible, freedom loving gun owner family background, but like CB sez.....there's other forums for those kinds of discussion. The thought of CB trying to objectively moderate such a discussion puts me in mind of a hungry grizzly bear trying to objectively evaluate the difference between a spawning salmon and a tofu taco.  ;) ;D  So, I'm gonna resist the temptation to respond herein...and hopefully CB can resist responding to the "hold on to your rod" part  ;) ;D ;D

It doesn't sound likely that you and I could agree on much in a Clinton v. Bush discussion TG, but we can certainly agree on smoked ling (and rock cod!).....a VERY close second to smoked King in my book.....very moist/flaky, a slight tang, and the mild taste of the ling/rock cod allows the smoke to come through and dance on the tongue. I haven't smoked any as yet but my neighbor does and it is something I always look for to him sharing :)

manxman

Quote15 lbs of ling fillets

is this the specie of ling you are talking about?

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/aquarium/pages/ling.html

Just that we catch loads of them around here and it you have any good recipes I would appreciate it. Just cold smoked 40lb pollack (cod family) fillets and hot smoked 30 mackeral over past couple of days, looking to try something else next time.
Manxman

TomG

And Kummok I apologize for the knee jerk pro Clinton response.  If you guys let me stay in the club I promise to play nice.  Hell, earlier today I even enrolled in a 12 step Bush Bashers' Anonymous program to help me with my problem.

Manx, it looks like a different species:  http://www.psmfc.org/recfin/pub/kelp/no2/lingcod.htm
This is my first attempt to smoke fish other than salmon and your excellent Spanish Mackerel.  I plan to spark up the smoker as soon as the neighbors close their windows and should have  taste results and pictures in the AM.

One of the lings wasn't quit clear on the concept of who is supposed to eat whom!! ;D ;D

Oldman

Over on the gun forum I go to they just added a forum for just this type of posting(s).  Ya at times it gets heated and "in-your-face, but at the end of the day we are all still gun owners.

Given the stuff that I've seen deleted here I would be stunned if Bradley added a board for such an item. For the most part all who have posted this thread I've seen here for quite some time now.  I bet I can say that no matter what we are...Rs Ds or Ns that our cyber friendship is strong enough that at the end of the day we are all still food smoker's under the sun.

Now I'm going to throw my 2-cents into this posting. I hate Clinton not for what did or did not do politically, but for that cigar business in what I hold to be the holy of holies of my country. Bush... I think he just a lost soul.  I guess that just makes me a N.

If there are enough here that want I'm willing to set up a political board on the recipe site.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kummok

No danger of getting booted TG...not with a catch like that one you just posted!!  ;)

As regards the nasty ling bite, for those that don't know how dangerous these buggers can be to hands/fingers, here's what they look like up here:

http://www.orioncharters.com/lingcod.htm
http://winterking.com/alaska_ling_cod.htm

They eat ANYTHING that moves and they don't stop biting just because they've been landed. Like many shark species, these guys are eating machines! :o

ThanX for the offer, Olds, but life's too short for this ol' fisherman to engage political discourse on a regular basis. I prefer the recipes and will reserve the small amount of RAM I've alloted to politics for use at the polling booth... ;)