Baked Apples

Started by SmokinScott, October 05, 2006, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinScott

Does anybody have a good recipe for baked apples.  I am having guest over tonight and would really like to impress them with baked apples to go along with a brisket.

iceman

Quote from: SmokinScott on October 05, 2006, 01:05:06 PM
Does anybody have a good recipe for baked apples.  I am having guest over tonight and would really like to impress them with baked apples to go along with a brisket.
BAKED APPLES   

2 cored baking apples
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. chopped walnuts
2 tbsp. chopped raisins
2 tbsp. butter
Cinnamon

Wash and core apples. Combine brown sugar, walnuts and raisins. Fill apples with mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with butter. Place in baking dish. Add enough water just to cover the bottom of the dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until apples are tender. :)

SmokinScott

thanks iceman sounds easy enough i will give it a try

Vampyr

That does sound pretty tasty.  ;)

West Coast Kansan

Iceman, Thanks! nice and sweet and clean taste. Gave it a try today. Great Finisher!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

manxman

QuoteBAKED APPLES   

2 cored baking apples
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. chopped walnuts
2 tbsp. chopped raisins
2 tbsp. butter
Cinnamon

I can vouch for this recipe, I have a nigh on identical one that I use regularly...... scrummy!! ;D
Manxman

iceman

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on October 07, 2006, 08:43:58 PM
Iceman, Thanks! nice and sweet and clean taste. Gave it a try today. Great Finisher!
Glad you liked it. It's a favorite in the winter up here.

manxman

Now if anyone else has any good recipes using apples I would be grateful! Just got about 50lb of them, my two lads picked em off the trees at a favourite aunty's house.... intend to bake a few, make some cider and a few pies and crumbles but could do with a few other ideas. Any good US/Canadian dishes using cooking apples?  ;)
Manxman