Some pictures of my Digital BS in the garage.

Started by Mr Walleye, October 10, 2006, 08:24:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisket Lover

LQ now that I some electric bill. Hopefully all frome smokin!

Mr W- thought of another one.  Any moisture issues? When searching others post I read abut some using traps for catching moisture.

Mr Walleye

LQ

There's got to be a way to mount a small coil for a cooling system in the Bradley.  ::)

Really LQ.... Ya need to move a little north!  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Brisket Lover on April 12, 2009, 08:56:12 PM
LQ now that I some electric bill. Hopefully all frome smokin!

Mr W- thought of another one.  Any moisture issues? When searching others post I read abut some using traps for catching moisture.

I certainly don't have any moisture problems. If anything you will find you have to close the vent down a little because the range hood can suck the heat out of the smoker. I'm not sure what posts you are referring to regarding the moisture traps.

Mike

La Quinta

Fishman...you told me to "move"...uh oh...you have teabags in your immediate future...I'm sorry but you brought it on yourself...

And the rigging a cooling system up....uh...yeah...I'll fly you down here for that!!!  :D  :D  :D

Mr Walleye

Quote from: La Quinta on April 12, 2009, 10:10:30 PM
Fishman...you told me to "move"...uh oh...you have teabags in your immediate future...I'm sorry but you brought it on yourself...

"duck".... What was that!

Ohhh just another tea bag.

:D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

La Quinta

Fishman...do not tempt me...I can channel HOT weather up there... :D I mean HOT  ;D  ;D  ;D

Mr Walleye

Actually LQ... that would be great!

We still have 36 inches of ice on the lake and I'm supposed to be in a fishing tournament on May 2nd. We may have a little trouble getting the boats in the water!  ::)

Hey... on the positive side it was almost 20 degrees Celsius (68 F) today so we have our fingers crossed.

So send all the heat ya can LQ!   Well... maybe not the 120 stuff! Crap... I'd melt at that temp!  :o

Mike

Caneyscud

Quote from: Mr Walleye on April 12, 2009, 08:58:37 PM

There's got to be a way to mount a small coil for a cooling system in the Bradley.  ::)

Hhhhmmmmm, while scrounging in a building we were going to tear down, I came upon one of those plug in roll around A/C's.  Seems not too much problem to hook that into the Bradley for heat of summer cold smokes.  Can't cost too much in electricity.  Or do what Poli did with a freezer and a PID for a sausage curing cabinet, but add a smoke generator!  Remember there are no rules in smoking!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Mr Walleye

Ok LQ.... one more idea....

If you made a coil from either 1/2" or 3/4" pipe with a hose bib on each end. You could connect it to a couple of garden hoses and run water through it, thereby cooling the tower temp and you can water your lawn and flowers at the same time. No electricity at all.

Mike

smokeitall

How about using a dryer vent and a small fan to get some of the AC from the house into the box?  Of course you would have to have the smoker within 10 feet of a door or window and have a connection to hook it up to your cold smoke setup.

Caneyscud

Quote from: Mr Walleye on April 14, 2009, 07:15:26 AM
Ok LQ.... one more idea....

If you made a coil from either 1/2" or 3/4" pipe with a hose bib on each end. You could connect it to a couple of garden hoses and run water through it, thereby cooling the tower temp and you can water your lawn and flowers at the same time. No electricity at all.

Mike

I like that - multi-tasking!

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

La Quinta

Uh...well...uh...these seem like great ideas...I would imagine they are? Opening a window or a door isn't really an option (blowing sand)...I'm thinking that this may not work...We have a couple of hoses...uh but...I'd have no idea how I could rig this up...I have made my own bed...cold smoke is only 2 months at best a year...I just pray for clouds (we don't have those very often) and wind! (We do get the wind around here)...and I don't mean THAT kinda wind... ;D  ;D  ;D

Brisket Lover

My dad and I made a place for my smoker in my garage on Friday. I'll have to get some pictures up in a new thread.  Thanks for the help here.