ribs smoked one day and eaten another?

Started by smokin stu, October 06, 2006, 04:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asa

mws - I agree.

Falling-off-the-bone is a too well-done for my taste. But sometimes it is difficult to achieve that perfectly-well-done-succulent-but-still-maintaining-texture phase. I smoke 'em for 4 hours after smothering them in my rub (published earlier on the forum), then hold for another 3-5 hrs in a 170-185 deg F oven (or in the BS), wrapped in foil, with a splash of my Lexington-style sauce. Seems to work pretty well, although I'm open to suggestions and further experimentation. Produces well-smoked, well-cooked, and well-seasoned ribs that are delicious eaten without any additional sauce (with just the rub and whatever Lex-style is left adhering), or with a dash of rib-sauce on the side. But achieving that perfect texture is sometimes a little difficult. Let us know what your secrets are, that is if you have any specific techniques for getting to your favorite end-product that is just short of falling-off-the-bone.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

MWS

Quote from: asa on October 22, 2006, 06:28:42 PM
mws - I agree.

Let us know what your secrets are, that is if you have any specific techniques for getting to your favorite end-product that is just short of falling-off-the-bone.

No secrets asa...like you I smoke cook for 4 hours, then I place in foil with 1 tbls apple juice and either grill @ 350F for 30 mins or so indirect heat or place in the oven for same. I usually brush the sauce (if I use any) on last after the ribs have been removed from the foil till heated. It usually works out but timing varies like most cooking techniques. I must say that the meat will never fall off the bone because not alot of steaming goes on. Cheers.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

icerat4

Dont get me wrong guys i like some tug on the bone .No i dont want it to fall apart like stew. ;) I did 17 pounds pulled pork 9 pound brisket and 4-2 pound meat loafs all very nice . ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

asa

Quote from: icerat4 on October 23, 2006, 06:20:16 AM
I did 17 pounds pulled pork 9 pound brisket and 4-2 pound meat loafs all very nice . ;D
Tell us that address again, please.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!