A Cheesy Good Time

Started by BurntFork Ken, February 19, 2007, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BurntFork Ken

I love the heck out of smoked cheese, and couldn't wait to do it in the OBS.  Had great results hacking a pound block into four long loaves, and smoking on the top rack with the vent cracked about 1/2 inch.  I ran a huge bowl of ice on the third rack down (because the height of the bowl) and the water bowl full of ice as well. 

Went two hours using apple (although next time I'll use either apple or hickory for just one hour) with only the smoke generator running.  Temp never crossed 70f.

Hope this helps if you've been thinking of doing cheese!

Cheers!
Ken

PS - The ice bowl treatment works great for lox too!

GRBSMKR

::)
I made an external box, cut a 4" hole in it, and ran a dryer hose (metal flex) to the smoker. hose is around 3 ft. another hole in side of box to accept the smoker unit. This takes the need away from using ice. works absolutely awesome for any cold smoke recipe.
Best cheese I have ever made,
I just made by 70th batch. Hickory is my favorite. though I have tried apple, alder, special blend and cherry.

Give it a try, you wont be sorry

coyote

Welcome Guys,
Post some pic's Grbsmkr , I'm sure some folks would like to see it..........Coyote

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Welcome to the forum GRB

What kind of cheese is best for smoking?

nepas

PigOut

I dont know but I'm gonna do some pepper jack this wknd. I hear you should leave out to get a skin before smokin to get a skin ??

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!