Anyone got good recipe for Prime Rib

Started by Hot Smokin Gal, August 06, 2004, 03:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Pearce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cold Smoke</i>
<br />Anyhoos, this sushi was served up with something green and avocado-texture like. Wasabi they called it. I call it Dynamite. <font color="red">Can you say HOT???? </font id="red"> It makes horseradish taste like ice cream. The ol' taste bugs were screamin'...
Cold Smoke
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font size="4"></font id="size4"><font color="navy"></font id="navy">Hey Coldsmoke
I noticed the other day that you can buy tubes of it in A & P and Loblaws; hot ain't it!
Have you tried smoking whitetail in the BS?

Stouffville, Ontario, Canada.
Richard Pearce

Cold Smoke

Hey Richard
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Loblaws; hot ain't it!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You bet your sweet life it was hot. Couldn't keep away from it though- I love heat.

I've not yet smoked any whitetail and will have to consider it soon. Got 3 of them this year and need to make room in the deep freeze. (My wife's giving me a hard time cause her Xmas baking is in a box on the deck). I might try my hand at making some sausage- fresh and some for smoking. Looking for a good smoked deer sausage if anyone has one?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Only way I enjoy it is baiting a hook with it. Don't eat bait!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I hear ya Bill. This stuff had cooked shrimp in it- no bait. Not sure if it has to be raw to be considered true sushi?

Cold Smoke

Chez Bubba

Many sushi dishes are cooked, but most of my favorites are not. One of my fave cooked ones is a salmon skin handroll.

Wasabi rocks! With the way it kind of sneaks up on you, I liken it to being punched in the face.....from the inside!

Bill, what post did I refer to????

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

BigSmoker

I,m replying to this mostly so my name will be the last poster in all of my active topics[:)].  I love wasabi and sushi.  My favorites include fresh water eel and spicy tuna[:D] among others.  I don't discriminate when it comes to food raw fish to pork butt I'm good to go.

Food I don't like:  english peas(they remind me of boogers), brains(just because its brains), liver of any kind(its gritty(chicken) and taste like blood(beef)) almost anything else goes one time anyway.

Jeff
www.bbqshopping.com
Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

tsquared

coldsmoke-re the sushi. It's been an addiction with me for years, I've got to have it at least once a week but it's easier here on the Wet Coast as there is take out places all over. First time I tried it though, I thought "Jeez, the Japanese make guacamole too and I scooped the whole wasabi dollop in one bite. My partner still kills herself laughing everytime she thinks about it.[:I]
Tom

Chez Bubba

Tom,

The first time I tried it, went conservative on the amount ordered, so was of course, still hungry & wanted to re-order. Told my buddy what I really liked was that ginger-marinated fish that was thinly sliced![:I][:D]

Kirk

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

nsxbill

Chez,

In the referenced post, Which I though was yours...oops, you made comments about prime rib.  Someone posted up a very detailed explanation about preparing prime rib.  It was simple, complete, and made you want to do it, and I don't even care much for prime rib.  Wife, however loves it, and I recall someone discuss how to really nail it!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Cold Smoke

Just FYI- that prime rib turned out great. It took approx 3 hrs (2 hrs of oak) to hit 140. It was damned cold on Sunday and the wind was howling and the BS still got to 225. Not sheltered either- I was pleasantly surprised about that. I pulled and let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing. Mmmmm..the exterior looked/tasted great and nice and juicy and very tender inside. I didn't end up making that Au jus Olds recomemnded[V][V]- didn't have the time but I'll make sure that I make some next time.

Cold Smoke

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Cold Smoke</i>
<br /> hot fiance[:p][B)][B)][B)]~~~she's nothing[;)][;)]- thinking about my prime rib tomorrow.... <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thats a real smoker, thinking about Prime Rib over a hottie...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />thinking about Prime Rib over a hottie...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It's a recurring dream I have, lapping up au jus, nibblin' at the gristly parts.......oh, nevermind![:D][:D]

tsquared

Chez-Was that white fish that was sliced, or pink fish for your ginger marinade?[:D]
Coldsmoke- How long did you  end up doing that prime rib? Sounds like it was great. By the way, "3 whitetail"? Your freezer must be full! We need Scotty here with the transporter for a salmon/venison swap.
Tom

Cold Smoke

Tom, it only took about 3 hrs total time in the BS to hit 140. Then pulled and let sit a few minutes.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">"3 whitetail"? Your freezer must be full! <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You can say that again. And I haven't yet made any sausage...

I just spoke with the SS Enterprise switchboard...Scotty's retired.[V] I would have taken you up on that offer.[:D]

Cold Smoke