replacement power cord

Started by gk, November 05, 2006, 07:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gk

Anybody have advice on where to get a replacement power cord that connects the smoker to the biscuit heater unit?  Thanks

Gizmo

Chez lists some repair parts on his site but I didn't see the part you are looking for.  He would be able to tell you where you might be able to get it if he doesn't carry it or you can't get it direct from Bradley.  Here is Chez's repair parts link.
http://www.chezbubba.com/cart/replacement_parts.html
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

You need a cord that with a three prong male connector on one end and a three prong female connector on the other end. You can pick one up at any computer store that sells the power cord that connects your computer power supply to the outlet.

Also you may try the hardware stores that sell snow blowers, and ask for the power cord for an electric starter, these cords are better. They are the same type of cord as above, but usually longer and the insulation on them stay more flexible in cold weather. This is the type of cord I have switched to.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

3rensho

The computer cords do work fine.  That's what I used when I wired up my PID in an external housing and plug it in between the smoke generator and smoker itself.  It doesn't get seriously cold here so these cords suffice.

Tom 
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

manxman

QuoteYou can pick one up at any computer store that sells the power cord that connects your computer power supply to the outlet.

That is useful to know, we have a cupboard full of spare/old cords of one sort or another at work!  ;)
Manxman

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: gk on November 05, 2006, 07:18:38 PM
Anybody have advice on where to get a replacement power cord that connects the smoker to the biscuit heater unit?  Thanks

gk,

Welcome to the forum. Digi-Key sells them. If you need a part number, let me know. As 3rensho mentioned, these are pretty much standard power cords that you see on computer/electronic equipment.

Arcs_n_Sparks