A quick "HOW & WHY" on ribs to get you started.

Started by iceman, November 08, 2006, 01:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

Great story to go along with the recipe T2!

Two thumbs up!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

I'm glad this thread was brought back up to the top. Always a good thread for information.
Thanks
Mike
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

mikeraste

Great instructions.  This will be my first attempt at ribs on the OBS.  Will try it when my boys come home for Thanksgiving. Thanks for all the information, us newbies can use all the help we can get.

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum mikeraste!

A word of advice - Ribs can be tricky - a test batch of ribs before the family event.....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikeraste

Don't need to make a test batch for my boys(age 18 and 20).  Just put the plate down in front of them and stand back.  If I am lucky I won't get hit with the bones.  I will trial some before I put the plate down. :D

Mr Walleye

Quote from: mikeraste on October 22, 2008, 09:24:00 PM
Don't need to make a test batch for my boys(age 18 and 20).  Just put the plate down in front of them and stand back.  If I am lucky I won't get hit with the bones.  I will trial some before I put the plate down. :D

I can relate!  :D

Make sure you hold the plate from the bottom too.... Don't want to here about missing fingers!  ::)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

waz

Wow. Off the the grocery store and Penzeys! I've been just doing ribs on my Primo, time to graduate.

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks for the Rib tutorial.  I have been having good success with my ribs in the ES.  My main ??? refers to the membrane.  Why you buy spareribs (my rib of choice) from a store (Publix,Kroger,TomThumb) isnt the membrane already removed????
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Quarlow

Probably not. I have never bought ribs that had the membrane remove.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Tenpoint5

Snelly,
I did a pictorial on ribs over at the recipe site. I think there is a couple of variations over there as well. Here is a link to the recipe site if you haven't made it over there. Recipe Site
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks guys

Nice pictorial 10point.  I guess Im doing ribs this weekend  ;D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

KevinG

Iceman - I was going over the ingredients and couldn't believe you actually use 1/2 cup of paprika. Is this correct?
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG