Eye Round Roast

Started by Wildcat, November 11, 2006, 05:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote

Ya know the old saying , Low and ssslllooowwwwww ?..............Believe it. And it's well worth the wait.
                                                                                      ;D Coyote

Gizmo

Cutterone - if the inlaws are coming, remeber you lost the recipe.  It is hot dogs on the stove with a little lettuce and olive oil on the side.   Unless you want them coming back every weekend  :o.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

I have to kinda stick with Giz on this one. Little smokies (over cooked) and a wilted salad for the inlaws. Lots of liquid courage and paper plates is icing on the cake. Seeya next year folks. :D ;D Just kidding. Maybe. :o ;D

Cutterone

Actually my in laws are pretty good. :-* They only come up here a couple of times a year, as they live 500 miles away. so for the three days that they are here, I don't mind doing something special for dinner for them. ::) the father in law does some repairs for me and we have a lot of the same interests. Next time I will allow a lot more time and do the roast the entire time in the smoker. this was just a test run for future dinners. ;D

iceman

Quote from: Cutterone on February 13, 2007, 10:47:13 AM
Actually my in laws are pretty good. :-* They only come up here a couple of times a year, as they live 500 miles away. so for the three days that they are here, I don't mind doing something special for dinner for them. ::) the father in law does some repairs for me and we have a lot of the same interests. Next time I will allow a lot more time and do the roast the entire time in the smoker. this was just a test run for future dinners. ;D
Lucky for you Cutterone. Sounds great that you get along. (I never got that lucky). :D
Man, having someone help with repairs on the house would be fantastic. I'd be feeding them real good if they keep that up. ;) ;D Keep it low and slow :D

Gizmo

In that case, Lobels is just an order away!

PigOut

I'm doing a 4 1/2 # tomorrow !  ;D Any ideas on cook time ? 8 hrs maybe ? Gonna try 145 internal and slice on a slicer.

And no inlaws !                             
                           Skip

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven

When Pigs fly around here,there's a trail of smoke comin from em !!

PigOut

The roast cooked for 5 1/2 hrs and I pulled it out at 150. Its in the FTC now. I'll cut it later with a meat slicer. Also did some fatties,ABTs and some trays of "bangin" baked beans.I'm going to attempt to post some pics.

Skip

Wildcat

Looking REAL good.   ;)  I recommend that you FTC for a minimum of 3 hours.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

Did anyone catch Pigs address? Dang! I lost it and it's almost supper time! Man o man that looks ggod! :P :)

coyote

Looks like a perfect mid-night picnic to me. :) Everything looks great !
                                                       Keep up puttin' out the good stuff Pigout,
                                                                                                       Coyote

Gizmo

Don't slap just yet, but nice looking Rack Pigout.  Did ya have to fight over who got the smoked pepper?  I suspect the extra pan of beans was a diversion. ::)

West Coast Kansan

By the looks of the beans, they have all the pepper my tummy could take.  Fine looking smoker of food! :o

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

PigOut

Thanks guys and especially Wildcat ! I was trying to figure out what cut of meat is good foor thin sandwich meat and this fits the bill. The roast was excellent and the size is perfect for the small slicer we use.
The small tray of beans in the pic were a batch of vegetarian beans for the Mrs. Thats right fellas, I dont have to share !!!  She eats fish so I threw some salmon in for her. There are quite a few guys at work who are very pleased with the lunch they had today. Thanks again for all the info.

Skip