Digital Generator Cord for Cold Smoke

Started by West Coast Kansan, November 12, 2006, 08:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

I think if you used metal lined plywood, the plywood would act as an insulation on the metal. I would think just having the box built from metal would radiate more heat off it and therefore run cooler. I could be wrong but it makes sense to me. I once built a dehydrater out of plywood that I used mainly for jerky for a number of years and it was never a problem. Hmmm....

I noticed on Olds Receipe site here http://susan.rminor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32 there is a photo of a plywood box. I wonder if Olds would comment on his thoughts on using plywood?

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Good point on insulation... the box in the picture is still all pretty and new. No food goes into the box and smoke is real hard on bacteria so we may be discussing a mole hill into a mountain.  Trouble is the heat and not needing duct to go twice around the garage for the temp to drop.

There is a thought metal duct work junction box, used in commercial ventilation systems - 4 of the 6 sides are done - heavy gauge on one side to support the generator. 

We should start a post some where other than cold smoking and see if those who have been using "wheels" for a while have a good answer

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

As long as the metal junction box wasn't galvanized. I know from experience that galvanized material imparts a disgusting metal taste into items.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes