Chatroom Contest...Prize Bradley Smoker

Started by Oldman, November 15, 2006, 10:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Before someone reminds me that I have left these forums, you will note that I only now post about the chatroom.

This is the deal.. Prize is one standard Bradley smoker.... no matter where you live in the world.

Rules

This is Nov 15th. To enter the contest you must be in the chatroom on Tues nites for one hour for 4 weeks. Normally we are there from 8 -9 EST to whenever. The contest runs through the end of Feb. 07. This gives everyone a chance at winning. You have 10 weeks to log on and chat for one hour 4 times to enter.

While I might not be there I get logs of who logs on and chats every Wednesday. So don't worry about the count.

On March first I will post the names of the persons that can enter the contest. It will be a number draw...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

QuoteBefore someone reminds me that I have left these forums, you will note that I only now post about the chatroom.

And whilst respecting your decision Raye, can I just say we are much the poorer for your absence. And thanks you for sponsoring a new contest, I will struggle to enter because of the time difference but thanks none the less.  :)

Take good care.
Manxman

coyote

I second that Manxman!..........The Oldman is needed.

Coyote

winemakers

Common sense is not common, Olds, and your is missed here.  Thank you for your generous offer!  I hope to finagle/negotiate/outright steal the time necessary to attend.

mld

Oldman

Quote from: manxman on November 15, 2006, 11:51:47 AM
QuoteBefore someone reminds me that I have left these forums, you will note that I only now post about the chatroom.

And whilst respecting your decision Raye, can I just say we are much the poorer for your absence. And thanks you for sponsoring a new contest, I will struggle to enter because of the time difference but thanks none the less.  :)

Take good care.
If you live in an part of the world where the time is a factor then just log on and it will show up in the logs. Folks like manxman should not be panelized. I will have CyberDude check E-mail addys for time differences.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

owrstrich

i would like to pick number 666 for my number in the standard bradley smoker chat contest...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: owrstrich on November 15, 2006, 06:19:17 PM
i would like to pick number 666 for my number in the standard bradley smoker chat contest...
/quote]

Nothing like the O getting a jump on the competition...   :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

manxman

QuoteFolks like manxman should not be panelized.

Just a fact of life Raye, I certainly do not see it as being penalised. I gain so much from the forum in any case in a variety of ways and as it is a predominantly US/Canadian thing there are bound to be the odd thing we miss out on..... like getting hold of Iceman's sauce!!   >:( >:( ;)
Manxman

iceman

Quote from: manxman on November 16, 2006, 01:18:40 AM
QuoteFolks like manxman should not be panelized.

Just a fact of life Raye, I certainly do not see it as being penalised. I gain so much from the forum in any case in a variety of ways and as it is a predominantly US/Canadian thing there are bound to be the odd thing we miss out on..... like getting hold of Iceman's sauce!!   >:( >:( ;)
Hmmm...... Do I detect a holiday gift going to the other side of the pond ??? Lets just ponder for a minute, if one had SOME type of idea on where one would send such a package I could only imagine it could SOME how happen ::) I guess I could just pick an address out of my hat or perhaps SOME one on the forum could help me out with shipping instructions. ::) ;D :D ;)
All kidding aside Man of Manx, if Sop,n Sauce made it to Yuzhno Sakhalinsk Russia and over to Crete Greece I think some might be able to get to the wonderful Isle of Man. :)

manxman

QuoteHmmm...... Do I detect a holiday gift going to the other side of the pond  Lets just ponder for a minute, if one had SOME type of idea on where one would send such a package I could only imagine it could SOME how happen  I guess I could just pick an address out of my hat or perhaps SOME one on the forum could help me out with shipping instructions.   
All kidding aside Man of Manx, if Sop,n Sauce made it to Yuzhno Sakhalinsk Russia and over to Crete Greece I think some might be able to get to the wonderful Isle of Man.

Now I am REALLY embarrassed.  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[  ;)

Manxman

iceman

Manx; Not meant to embarrass by any means. Just trying to get you to send me an address so you get a chance to enjoy some sauce. Life goes by way to quick and getting to stop and savor things that only happen once in awhile is a good feeling and good for ones spirit. I'll gladly send you some in exchange for a few e-mail pictures of you neck of the woods. I'm always curious of where other folks live and the life styles they have. P.M me and we'll get some to you soon. I'm making more this weekend for the holidays so it would be easy to get a package off to you. :)

manxman

QuoteManx; Not meant to embarrass by any means. Just trying to get you to send me an address so you get a chance to enjoy some sauce. Life goes by way to quick and getting to stop and savor things that only happen once in awhile is a good feeling and good for ones spirit. I'll gladly send you some in exchange for a few e-mail pictures of you neck of the woods. I'm always curious of where other folks live and the life styles they have. P.M me and we'll get some to you soon. I'm making more this weekend for the holidays so it would be easy to get a package off to you.

Only messing Iceman, wasn't THAT embarassed.  ;)  Did feel a little guilty as it was not why I made the comment I did about the sauce but I am sure you realise that. :)

I will PM you an address, if you do the same I will mail a CD with some images on, photography is one of my hobbies and I have quite a lot of landscape pictures plus some I took this summer of 20 foot plus basking sharks swimming alongside my boat which made the national press here in the UK.
Manxman

Oldman

I've got to post this.... the cost of shipping your prize cost almost as much as the prize itself and you did not send to me one photo  ???  Shame on you!

Just messing with ya...  ;D  If you want to share your images with the group then send them to me @ [email protected] (unlimited storage) and I will host all of them for you. This way we can see them too!
Olds

manxman

QuoteI've got to post this.... the cost of shipping your prize cost almost as much as the prize itself and you did not send to me one photo    Shame on you!

Just messing with ya...    If you want to share your images with the group then send them to me @ [email protected] (unlimited storage) and I will host all of them for you. This way we can see them too!
Olds

I am suitable shamed Olds!!  :-[ 

Bottom line is I just don't like foisting photos on people, if they show an interest then fine but I know what it is like to be bored rigid looking at other people's photos. Last week I went to somethng with my son and we ended up being shown 300 photos that was mind numbingly boring.... still have palpitations at the thought of it. :o

If you would be good enough to email me your address I will send you a copy of the CD I put together for Iceman, I don't have broadband at home, only dial up and it takes an age to send files.

The other idea I had was to send some kippers but I spoke to the kipper producers this morning and they no longer send to the US unfortunately, only the UK and Europe. :(

Manxman

iceman

Quote from: manxman on November 17, 2006, 01:20:26 AM
The other idea I had was to send some kippers but I spoke to the kipper producers this morning and they no longer send to the US unfortunately, only the UK and Europe. :(
I spoke with them also and got the bad news too. Bummer! My friends bragged about them so much I was on the verge of putting duck tape across his mouth! >:( ;D Oh well, looks like the next cruise is going to have to be in that direction. :) Thank you Manx for even thinking about that. ;)