HELP - Smoker shuts down?

Started by wapiti57, November 26, 2006, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wapiti57

My digital smoker keeps shutting off minutes after I start it. I set the oven temp, smoke time and walk away. When I check on it some minutes later, the display is off. Any ideas? Am I not setting the timer/temp correctly? Thanks in advance.

Mr Walleye

Try unplugging all the connections and re-plugging them back in "firmly". I noticed this same thing when I first bought mine too but after a did this I never had another problem.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Chez Bubba

The problem lies in that little thin cord connecting the generator to the smoker (not the power cord). Wally's probably right, but if that doesn't solve it, that's the area you need to look at.

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

West Coast Kansan

Likely cords, as suggested above. If the thin cord or other part of that circuit is bad the display should still have power and show an EO1 error code with audio beeps.  If the display is down :no lights: and cords are snug ... call Bradley. Call Bradley is not a bad thing anyway.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

West Coast Kansan

Wapiti57, what was the resolution? Just wondering

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

wabbq101

I am having the same issue today. After seasoning the smoker, I ran the temp up to preheat for some ribs, and  came out only to see a blank display.
'Replugged' all my connections, added the meat, and have my fingers crossed.
First smoke in the new Bradley Digital 6 Rack, hope it goes well..............