Mac and Cheese

Started by Malc, November 27, 2006, 07:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

All this talk about mac & cheese reminds me of the days my mother would fry the left overs. Now I see there is a fast food restaurant now selling fried mac & Cheese. She used to cut it in squares, dip it into beaten eggs, then into seasoned flour. Let that sit for awhile, the dip it back into the egg, and then into Italian flavored bread crumbs. Finally fry it in a pan with about 1/2"-1" of oil.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tiny Tim

That's (deep fried mac & cheese) about the same thing Paula Dean did on Food TV the other night (week or 2 ago).  I mainly do Velveeta shells & cheese myself, but have printed the recipe from just a few posts ago, to try one of these nights.

MallardWacker

Speaking if this...Alton (McGiever) Brown had a whole show on this also did the deep fried thing...really did a good job.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

iceman

Quote from: MallardWacker on February 06, 2007, 05:15:15 PM
Speaking if this...Alton (McGiever) Brown had a whole show on this also did the deep fried thing...really did a good job.
Hmmm... I'm going to have to find that episode. Thanks MW.

MallardWacker

It is in the archive...I remember you have to prevail a little...FOODTV is not really user friendly when comes to old stuff...one of the problems is that he names his episodes such strange names that it can throw you off...the deep fried day old mac & cheese looked way too cool...I think he rolled in corn meal or flour.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

iceman

Quote from: MallardWacker on February 07, 2007, 09:03:08 AM
It is in the archive...I remember you have to prevail a little...FOODTV is not really user friendly when comes to old stuff...one of the problems is that he names his episodes such strange names that it can throw you off...the deep fried day old mac & cheese looked way too cool...I think he rolled in corn meal or flour.
I'll give it a search. Thanks ;)

Habanero Smoker

This Friday, after I have a few trees removed, I will be able to get satellite reception, at least that is what I was told when Dish TV came out. Then I will get more then 3 local channels. I only get to see Food Network when I visit someone, and as mentioned, their site is not that search friendly.

All this talk about frying mac & cheese; I'm going to have to make some mac & cheese so I can fry some up. My mother did a good job frying in one inch of oil, so I'm going to make it that way :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)