Hot smoked salmon on a whim

Started by tsquared, November 18, 2006, 03:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

Came back from fishing at noon today with a bucketful of Dungeness and 2 winter spring salmon. I had a turkey roast thawed that I was planning to smoke for a potluck dinner party we are going to tonight. I was in the midst of putting the marinated turkey roast in, using oak, when the recipe in the oak package fell out and I noticed Bradley had a very simple hot smoked salmon recipe. A couple of fillets, pepper and lemon and into the smoker at 225. So I thought, what the heck and did just that, for about 45 minutes. No curing, brining whatsoever. The result--not bad! After only 45 minutes it is not overly smoky but it does have a smoke tang and is very moist! Course, it was only about 2 hours between hooking the salmon and placingit in the Bradley--I think you'd have to work hard to come up with a bad product with fish this fresh.
T2

Kummok

Quote from: tsquared on November 18, 2006, 03:43:05 PM.........-I think you'd have to work hard to come up with a bad product with fish this fresh.
T2

Shhhhhh, T2!! Don't tell anyone how hard it is to mess up smoked salmon....they think we know what we're doing when it's really the salmon that deserve the credit!! ;) ;) ;) ;D

tsquared

You know it, Kummok! It's hard to beat. Hot Smoked salmon and crab is on the menu for Sunday dinner.
T2