Sweet Rub

Started by David6340, August 12, 2004, 07:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David6340

Does anybody have a recipe for a sweet rub? I'm planning on doing two 7lb Boston butts this weekend and the wife likes sweet. (That's why she married me!)[:)]

nsxbill

Here is one for siingle butt.  Easily doubled.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Southern Succor Rub - General purpose

1/4 cup ground black pepper
1/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup turbinado sugar
2 tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 teaspoon cayenne

Makes enough rub for a 6 to 8 pound Boston butt.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Here is another:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Leist's Most Everything BBQ Mix  -  General purpose

1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon McCormick's Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon onion powder or flakes
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
red pepper flakes to taste

Mix it all together dry and use as a rub. Add vinegar, oil, lemon juice, and Coke or Sprite to liquefy and use as a basting sauce.

Keep what's left over and heat thoroughly for use as a dipping sauce.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I save recipe when I see them, and you can always vary the sweetness by increasing the sugar in the recipe.

Good luck,

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

David6340

Thanks Bill. I'll give one of them a try and let you know how they came out.

Chez Bubba

I would favor the one that uses turbinado sugar. It is pure sugarcane & the only sugar that will not burn. Other sugars may work fine in sauce, but for a rub, it's the only one. Especially for something that cooks as long as a butt.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?