Cleaning Smoke Generator

Started by smok4fun, December 05, 2006, 04:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manxman

Quoteand mine burn for 21 minutes plus a few seconds, no big deal i think?.

I agree, no big deal IMHO. I had a couple of faulty smoke generators within a year of buying my BS and I had to time one of them. Came out at about 21 minutes too. I would imagine 20 minutes +/- a minute or so either way is not an issue. :)
Manxman

iceman

Quote from: manxman on December 19, 2006, 03:12:00 AM
Quoteand mine burn for 21 minutes plus a few seconds, no big deal i think?.

I agree, no big deal IMHO. I had a couple of faulty smoke generators within a year of buying my BS and I had to time one of them. Came out at about 21 minutes too. I would imagine 20 minutes +/- a minute or so either way is not an issue. :)
My generators run between 20 and 22 minutes. No biggy. ;)

ceeuawlsune

Smoke4Fun -

I assume that your vent is at least partially open? 

Also, are you using a lot of bacon to ensure juiciness?  In my experience, bacon - especially thick-cut bacon - produces a TON of fat that finds its way all over the smoker, not just the V-Rack and the water bowl...

smok4fun

Hey LilSmoker, thanks for explaining how you cleaned and polished the ramp on your smoke generator.  That's pretty trick!  My ramp gets buildup mostly on the edge.  The buildup is about 1/3 to 1/2 the width of a puck.  It's caused (I think) when the leading edge of that puck gets ignited by the puck on the burner.  Sorry for taking so much time to reply.  I haven't been on the computer much since just before Christmas.. Larry

TomG

Thanks for the reminder guys, I clean mine every New Years Eve. 

Happy New Year :D :D

Gizmo

On the Digital I have, 20 minutes per cycle.  I also see the puck touching the one on the burner plate start to ignite.  From TomG's picture, I would suspect that the (excessive) discoloration at the edge of the ramp is from the next puck starting.  I don't think there is a way of stopping 1 combustible burning while touching another that is burning. 

I use a razor blade scraper (like the painters use on the windows or on glass cooktops).  That is followed by a light duty wire (brass usually is good enough) brushing. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

Let's see......

Close one eye, step back five feet from the monitor......

Blur the vision........

I see Icerat4's re-entry style pork butt wrapped in foil......

Returning to my adult beverage.....  8) 8) 8)

Arcs_n_Sparks

Mctuber

:-* Just my opion! The small bumps on the plate are probably the spot welds on the back of the burner plate.The photo looks like mine after just seasoning.Clean up was easy with the dremmel and a stainless wire wheel.The digital fed three flavor pucks in one hour and eight minutes
Fishing (noun) the art of casting,trolling,jigging,or spinning while frezzing, sweatin, swatting or swearing

owrstrich

i should take a photo of my puck burner...

i lost the screws along the way and its held together with bread bag ties and an enormous amount of goo...

i aint gonna touch it... thinking its better off in its own pathetic way...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Arcs_n_Sparks

sounds like it is appropriately broken-in....(or in E.E. speak; burned-in)

Sparkler

Gizmo

o:
So that is where the extra flavor comes from.  LOL
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

mavrickone

Hi Guys,
   I have a question about the smoke generator also? I cleaned mine today and all the gunk was about 1/2 way down. Is the actual burner at the very end? If it is my bisquettes are burning before they get there ???

Thanks
Mav

Wildcat

The actual burner is the piece on the end.  It does get hot enought to start the next puck to smoldering on the bottom a little before the advance.  Because it is not actually on the burner to cook off, it does leave a sticky substance.  I clean mine after every smoke while it is still hot.  Not a difficult task.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Mr Walleye

I just got my Bubba Pucks last friday... wow what a difference. When your done smokin' the final puck on the burner has a tendency to light the second last one that is still on the ramp. With the Bubba Pucks it almost acts as a cleaner so to speak. They heat up and seem to burn the residue off that the pucks left behind.

Thanks for getting them out to me so quick Kirk & Anne.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

They sure do help out with the burner. Alot less goo to clean up. They should pay Chez to ship a few with each new Bradley! ;)