New user

Started by jmielke, December 07, 2006, 05:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmielke

Hello everyone,

I just recieved the 6 rack as a gift for doing the cooking for a wedding.

Did pulled pork yesterday and had a problem.

Sometime during the process the oven element stopped heating. I finished the pork in the oven and it came out fine.

Then I reconnected all of the cables and was able to get the element to heat again. I'm concerned that it will shut off again, but time will tell.

Anyway thanks for all of the great work on this forum.

Joe

Arcs_n_Sparks

jmielke,

Welcome to the forum. Any idea how long was the smoker running before shutting off?

Arcs_n_Sparks

West Coast Kansan

Welcome,

I would give it another run just empty so you are comfortable.  A number of reports have been resolved by a good solid push on the big cords.  No problems with recurring shutdowns.

It you run it pick a high temperature like the 280 default and let it go. There is a high temp cutoff that has been reported to activate too soon.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

jmielke

I'm not sure how long it had been off because I'd set it for the max time and when I checked it in the morning it had 6 minutes left on the oven time and the temp was 50 F.

I'd preheated so I know it was at 210 when I left it.

I was dubious about even continuing the process in the oven not knowing how long it had sat at those low temps. But I figured cooking all day until it reached 180 would be safe. And it turned out fine and no one here is dead yet so . . .

That's a good idea to run it empty. Thanks for the tip.

Joe

Arcs_n_Sparks

jmielke,

There were earlier reports of the digital unit timing out after about 9 hours.

Arcs_n_Sparks