2006 hunting season results

Started by whitetailfan, December 13, 2006, 09:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

I posted before that I had a good season this year.  Finally found some time to get my pictures on photobucket and share them here :)

This is a field pic with me and my whitetail and moose.  Got them both inside about 10 minutes of each other off of the same rock for a rest.

This is a shot after skinning and processing.  Doesn't look right considering the moose is the smallest rack :D :D

Anyway, that was my hunt.  I started the year with tons of holidays and weeks to bag my game.  After changing jobs and moving, I had about 3 days.  Not bad if I say so myself.

Hope you enjoyed.....
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

owrstrich

that whitetail just winked at me...

spooky at the least...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

iceman

Nice WT. Makes me hungry. I didn't get a chance myself to hunt this season dang it. :)

MRH

WT nice bunch of critters, I really like the muley!!

Mark

coyote

Verrrrrry Cooool, 8)
            Congrats on a good hunt!  Now let the smoke roll and set the table.

Coyote

Wildcat

Real nice.  I have never had moose.  I'm going to have to try it one day.  They don't seem to venture this far south.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

WTF,

Nice. What are you holding that took them down?

Arcs_n_Sparks

Oldman

Guess you will not be purchasing any beef this year...

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

whitetailfan

Thanks everone for your comments.

Arcs - its a Browning 30-06.
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Dalby Spook

Thought you might like this WT. This is one afternoon last season with my old dog Ben, sadly now retired with a permanent leg injury. That dog would work all day, any weather. Most of the bag ended up in several game pies!
I've only been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong. But I was'nt.
A. Einstien

manxman

Nice pic John......  :)

Got the game from the other evening gutted, skinned and jointed without a problem. Thanks and also thanks for your advice.  ;)
Manxman

Dalby Spook

Cheers Paul,

Let me know how you get on with it. I think last time I did like coq au vin, ie long & slow in red wine, diced bacon and baby onions.. I'm sure Dhelia will have something on it.

I picked up my ham & bacon loin today. What do you think the fridge life will be when smoked & cooked of the ham?
I've only been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong. But I was'nt.
A. Einstien

manxman

QuoteWhat do you think the fridge life will be when smoked & cooked of the ham?

Don't really know to be honest as the ones I have done have generally been eaten within about 7 - 10 days! Some people reckon you can hang such hams for a year or more but anything longer than a few days I would vacuum seal and freeze in any case.

Maybe someone else with more experience can chime in?
Manxman

Phone Guy

WTF,
Where were you hunting? I returned empty handed (except for my clean Browning 7mm) from an elk hunt in CO. I didn't have a buck tag (lucky for a few nice bucks I saw) a couple of the guys did and shot a nice 5X6 and a 5X4. They generously let me hold on to about 70lbs of meat for them.  ;)

whitetailfan

Hey PhoneGuy, sorry I missed your post earlier.
I was in the south of Alberta where I grew up, about an hour and half west of my home in Lethbridge, AB.
The mountains in the backdrop are the Livingstone Range section of the Rockies.  It's about half an hour to get to the Crowsnest Pass between Alberta and B.C. from there.

Better luck next year on your elk hunt.  I realize I was blessed with a lot of luck this year :)