Started by Truth Detector, December 27, 2006, 08:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth Detector

LOL.

I may have had a sample...

;D ;D ;D

Gizmo

On the floor laughing.
If that is a sample, I'd hate to try to make a sandwich with the leftover from a big bite. ;) ;) ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

owrstrich

way to go td...

looks so good im gonna open this can of spam lite and eat it with a spoon...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

pipsqueek

I have been using the Bradley for 4 months now and learned all I know from these guys.
From what I have learnt its extremely hard to bugger up pork as long as you cook it long and slow.
Also, you really only need the Bradley for the first 4 hour smoking period, you can finish off the beast in a standard oven overnight.
I tend to cold smoke my meats at my convenience, refrigerate and then cook overnight in the kitchen oven, it is not necessary in my experience to have the cooking phase at the same time as the smoking (open to discussion here)
I also dont think you can overcook pork if you forget its in the oven for a while, the temps are relatively low.
The FTC is a really important finishing step especially with cheaper cuts like brisket.
Try cold smoking cheddar for 2-3 hours with apple or cherry pucks, very easy and tastes wonderfull, use old white cheddar, I dont find the yellow stuff tastes so nice.

You will get more adventurous very quickly, dry curing and smoking bacon is also very easy for a beginner.

Definately get a digital thermocouple type thermometer, its a great buy, even for conventional oven roasts its handy as you dont have to worry about having the temperature set precisely as long as you get a final meat temperature reading.

iceman

Geez TD I leave more crumbs then that around my plate. You're supposed to take the picture FIRST then eat the beast. :o :D Just kidding. Looks great. ;)