Bisquettes Advance Constantly

Started by shelton, December 30, 2006, 11:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelton

Hello everyone,
I just started to season my new Bradley that I got for Christmas. The Smoke Generator is constantly advancing the bisquettes. I loaded up the stube and it just pushed them straight out. I amn getting abeeping sound and an E on the dispaly screen. I ahve tried pluggin/unplugging the control cable. Swapped the ends on the control cable. I have tried resetting the smoker but it keeps doing the same thing. The oven temp does show on the screen. It is pluegged straight into the wall socket. I am at a loss as to what to do next. If nothing else I will call Bradley on Tuesday but I was wanting to enjoy this over the weekend...

thanks for any help,
Shelton

West Coast Kansan

First I have read of this issue so cant help much. 

How long has it been running? Did it start cycling immediately or did it wait for 20 minutes to start? I have this vision of the unit cycling the puck advance constantly? Have you tried pulling the main power cord out of the wall as the unit is cycling?

Calling Bradley is the right action. They will take care of it but I understand your disappointment.   There is a small switch that is driven off the mechanical puck advance mechanism that may be at issue but cant say for sure - again, I have not read this fault before. The smoker knows it is broke given the error and beeping so i suppose it could be electronic in nature?

Hang in there, Bradley past history is to replace the generator leaving you with a supply of parts for the future but does not make you feel better now.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

shelton

Thanks for the reply.
It started the first time I tried it. I didn't even push the wood button to advance the first puck. I have tried unplugging the unit and starting over with the same results. The unit is constantly cycling the advance, it never stops.

Shelton

Arcs_n_Sparks

shelton,

Like WCK, first I've heard of this. Does the wood advance switch feel like it is working properly? (not stuck, but clicks when depressed?) Sounds like something is shorted, providing constant power to the advance motor. Sorry can't be more helpful..... ???

Arcs_n_Sparks

West Coast Kansan

Yea, sounds like a Bradley Call time... On a Digital you the plug in the unit and nothing should happen other than a wierd glow on the display.  When you press the power button for the smoke generator the unit will immediately automatically advance one puck. What ever timing tells it to advance OR whatever tells it the advance has been completed is not happening.  Sorry no idea for an easy fix.   :(

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

shelton

Hey guys,
I GOT IT FIXED!! Finally decided to open it up and take a look. The limit switch was working fine. While I was looking it over visually before getting the multi-meter out I noticed that the orange leads from the limit switch were pulled very tight between the limit switch and the retaining clip at the bottom. This was preventing the quick connect plugs from fully engaging. I pulled some slack on the cable through the retaining clip and connected the plugs togther. The unit now works great.
Now to get it seasoned and the ribs on!! ;D

Arcs_n_Sparks

shelton,

Glad to hear that a little investigation has solved your problem.

Fire that baby up!!!!!!

Arcs_n_Sparks

West Coast Kansan

IT'S SMOKEN TIME! You season and Rib.  I will Chicken Roll! AnS have a drink and a good Cigar!

Shelton, thanks for closing the loop. You have just helped with ideas for someone in the future!

iceman

Right on Shelton!!! Good investigating. Seems it's mostly some simple little thing that causes greif. Thank you for posting back so others will know about it. ;)