Rib question (now with pics!)

Started by Windex, December 31, 2006, 07:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windex

West Coast Kansan

oh yea, now that you mention it!  :D  :D  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

owrstrich

well you got a xj hidden by a cj with a bottle of grolsch and a estiban learn to play guitar kit and a mess of ribbs...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Consiglieri

The bottle looks like Carlsberg or Pilsner Urquel. Either is a top cook marinade.

Happy new year
Consiglieri

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: Consiglieri on December 31, 2006, 04:20:42 PM
Either is a top cook marinade.

You mean in terms of marinading the cook?  :D :D :D

Arcs_n_Sparks

Windex

Quote from: owrstrich on December 31, 2006, 02:39:11 PM
well you got a xj hidden by a cj with a bottle of grolsch and a estiban learn to play guitar kit and a mess of ribbs...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

ROFL.. 
Wow that's pretty close except the guitar.  That's an old epiphone that stays in the garage as the beater guitar. 

Picture's worth a thousand words, or ribs... I forget which.   

Hey, where's the best place to order the Maverick from?

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Consiglieri

Consiglieri

Consiglieri

Hey, where's the best place to order the Maverick from?
[/quote]

Bed, Bath Beyond carries them in our area (central cal), don't know if the prices compare, but getting the unit quicker might be worth it.
Consiglieri

owrstrich

i got my maverick et-73 at the bbq galore store down the street by the bevmo...

what was that beer... im calling it a grolsch but it also suggested it maybe a carlsberg or pilsner urquel...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Windex

Haha, you were right, the beer was a grolsch.  Good call.

LilSmoker

Ribs, music and beer, perfect!, glad it all worked out, i think the maverick is a must have with BS.

You guys are lucky on that side of the water, we can't buy mavericks in u.k., mine came courtesy of Kirk (Chezz Bubba)  ;)

So after the rib success, what's next? ;D
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Lefty_Smoker

I ordered my Maverick ET-73 from partshelf.com.  Our local Bed Bath & Beyond only carries the Maverick ET-72, not the ET-73 model.   I did buy the Pyrex Pro thermometer from Bed Bath & Beyond to use while I'm waiting for my ET-73 to show up.  I used the Pyrex Pro when doing a brisket this past weekend.  Now the probe won't read less than 170F...?  WTF?   I even put the probe in the freezer, and sure enough it dropped down below freezing, but as soon as I took it out of the freezer it slowly started creeping up to 170F again.  Gonna contact Pyrex for a replacement probe.  

Gizmo

Many (maybe all) of the digital probes are prone to damage due to moisture getting into the area where the wire crimps on to the metal probe casing.  I have the same problem on one of my older digitals as well.  Served many years but not reliable any more.  Had another probe and was using one for the cabinet air temp and the other for the meat.  Started getting suspicious of the faulty probe after some peculiar readings on a smoke and reading some spot on posts here about similar experiences.  Did an ice hot water test and sure enough, flaky probe.  Now I wonder how long it has been acting up?  Even though it is not rocket science, it is nice to have a backup. ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/