Santa was good to me, got a new BS, looking for first project?

Started by thrdrock, December 31, 2006, 08:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcs_n_Sparks

Yeah, I kinda looked like that about 40 years ago.......

Arcs_n_Sparks

Mctuber

Thank you all for the warm welcome:I'll be happy to share any of my successes.   My picture will be changed to reflect the real me.
Fishing (noun) the art of casting,trolling,jigging,or spinning while frezzing, sweatin, swatting or swearing

West Coast Kansan

Oh man, its not you?  ;) Really is fine the way it is... we were just having fun.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

thrdrock

Welcome McTuber, as a fellow new OBS owner, and "newbie" to the forum, let me tell you, this forum is the greatest assett, and the people here have been SUPER for sharing their experiences, recipies, and knowledge. Should be required reading for anyone who buys an OBS!!!!! Sure takes some of the mystery and trial and error out of "the magic of smoke". I have learned so much in the last few weeks, I sometimes feel like Kwai Chang (Kung Fu)...."Patience Smokehopper, when you can snatch the rib from my hand, then you will truly be in touch with the power within, and be ready to go forth into the world of smoke"...or something like that! Don't be a stranger, ask lots of questions, and don't be afraid to share the results of your efforts, good and bad.

LilSmoker

Hi and welcome Mctuber, i'm sure you'll have lots of success with your BS, btw my avatar isn't really me either............honestly it's not  :P ;D ;)

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

iceman

Quote from: LilSmoker on January 23, 2007, 05:41:47 AM
Hi and welcome Mctuber, i'm sure you'll have lots of success with your BS, btw my avatar isn't really me either............honestly it's not  :P ;D ;)

Ya can't fool me LS. It is you. Manx told me so. Ha!!!  :D ;D Just kidding.
Welcome McTuber. I think you'll have a great time around here. :)

LilSmoker

QuoteYa can't fool me LS. It is you. Manx told me so. Ha!!!  :D ;D   Just kidding.

Damn! now my secrets out! :o you have to admit i am a snappy dresser though!  :P ;D
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Mctuber

::) Thanks for all the good ideas and fun things to read.
  One concoction that I liked to make in my Old Smoker goes like this
  5 lb Ground beef and or Bambi
  5 teaspoons Morton's quick cure salt
  3 Tablespoons Mustard seed
  3 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
  1 to 1 1/2 Teaspoons Course Black pepper
  Mix all of this to gether really well.Cover and put in the fridge over night.
  Mix real well the next day and put back in the fridge.
  Mix one more time and again put back in The fridge.
  Now if my goes inta's are right .On the fourth day put it in you jerky shooter and make the thin strips or the 1/2 inch round sticks.
Use the smoke of your chosen and when the product looks like it has it's on casing it should be done.About 8 hours in the old one the new b.s.???
Fishing (noun) the art of casting,trolling,jigging,or spinning while frezzing, sweatin, swatting or swearing

Mctuber

;D Hello again;Sunday will be the first smoke with the new DBS.My plans are to smoke a Wild West Jerky receipe on 5lbs of beast.I'll fill you in on the experiment. ??? Should I use Bourbon or Brandy.

iceman

Quote from: Mctuber on January 26, 2007, 01:18:32 PM
;D Hello again;Sunday will be the first smoke with the new DBS.My plans are to smoke a Wild West Jerky receipe on 5lbs of beast.I'll fill you in on the experiment. ??? Should I use Bourbon or Brandy.
Ya know, I always forget that one. Do you drink the brandy and use the bourbon or use the brandy and drink the bourbon? Both maybe? Dang,  ::) ;D :D I'm confused. Still haven't got the portion thing right either. Most times I get "Done" before the jerky and the boss lady don't like that routine that's for sure. :D :o ;)

Wildcat

Quote from: Mctuber on January 26, 2007, 01:18:32 PM

Since your experimenting, why not use both? :D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Mctuber

:o I am adding a shot glass of bourdon to the brine only.Beer will be my brine ::).results to follow

Mctuber

::) Me again.The Wild west jerky turned out to be quite a hit with all that were brave enough to try it.First time bs experiment.I was so proud of myself.
Today I even machined up a set of "Bubba" pucks for the neigbour and me.
Humm what will I smoke next???

Wildcat

Congradulations! ;)  It looks like you are hooked. ::)  It only gets better from here. ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/