FIRST BRISKET

Started by Wildcat, January 08, 2007, 09:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

he he he...

new brisket fiend on our hands...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Habanero Smoker

Glad the brisket turned out alright, but I am uncertain of your cabinet temperatures. It looks as if the cabinet temperatures were averaging way much below 200°F. Where you relying on the cabinet thermometer? Probably during the overnight hours, your cabinet temperature was too low.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on January 10, 2007, 01:46:22 AM
Glad the brisket turned out alright, but I am uncertain of your cabinet temperatures. It looks as if the cabinet temperatures were averaging way much below 200°F. Where you relying on the cabinet thermometer? Probably during the overnight hours, your cabinet temperature was too low.

Good Morning.  My head is more clear now.  I used the Maverick to monitor cabinet temp and found that the gauge in the door was 15 degrees off.  I also used the meat probe that I got with the BS and found it was very accurate.  I tried to keep the box between 190 and 200 during the smoke process (6 hours). Changed the water at 3 hour mark.  After that I changed the water and sprayed a little apple juice and kept the temp between 197 and 205.  After that I sprayed apple juice two more times.  I eventually got the box temp to maintain 203 to 205.  About an hour to an hour and a half before I FTC'd I bumped the temp from 205 to 218.  FTC'd with apple juice for 4 hours.  Yesterday I was attempting to inform everyone of my meat temp and box temp.  In my state of exhaustion, my fingers were not typing what my brain was thinking.  Sorry for the confusion.

My mother-in-law is already making plans to invite her friends over and let me do another one.  I hope she does not get carried away with this LOL.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Wildcat on January 10, 2007, 04:50:46 AM
My mother-in-law is already making plans to invite her friends over and let me do another one.  I hope she does not get carried away with this LOL.
I find that relatives always get carried away :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pfowl01

I was wondering........do you have to pull the tray out of the smoker to spray with apple juice or do you just leave it in and spray away?

icerat4

When i do anything ive sprayed in side the box.After a while.There is a build up of goo on the back walls but that is removed very very easy.And believe me ive sprayed mucho apple juice inside.It cakes up on the back wall and after a lil build up of chared flakes peel right off.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Wildcat

OK, here it is if I can remember how to post.

Quote from: pfowl01 on January 10, 2007, 07:15:31 AM
I was wondering........do you have to pull the tray out of the smoker to spray with apple juice or do you just leave it in and spray away?

I slide the tray out of I want to spray a lot, but with a small spray as in this case, I did not.

iceman

Now that there is some good looking viddles Wildcat. Good job! :P :)

Wildcat

Thanks Iceman.  It was a very looooong nite.  Too bad you were not here to share it (and the nice weather).