BS Not Heating

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 08, 2007, 05:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

My friend got an original BS for christmas, he started to season yesterday the temp came up and then BS quit heating? Any ideas.
He said the fuse is ok but the light at the bottom is out and the element wont heat. The slider still heats though.

TY all

nepasmkr

Gizmo

What do you mean that the slider still heats?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

manxman

Which heater element are you refering to NPS, the heater plate on the smoke generator that burns the pucks or the heater element in the smoke cabinet? Sounds like the former to me from your description?

Occasionally there have been people on the forum with problem hot plates on the smoke generator whilst failure of the element itself in the smoke cabinet seems an even rarer occurence. (I have had a faulty smoke generator heater plate myself)

However, either way it is a new unit, I would suggest that your friend contacts Bradley straight away and gets a replacement for whatever part you are referering too.  :) Their customer service is top notch and I am sure they will get it resoloved quickly.

Manxman

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Gizmo on January 08, 2007, 10:59:27 PM
What do you mean that the slider still heats?

The slider on the smoke generator.........O.....O.....O..

Habanero Smoker

Have your friend check the contacts on the heating element, sometimes they come loose during shipment, or they may not have been tighten enough at the factory. When tightening the screws, do not over tighten or your friend may break the porcelain posts. Just tighten enough to make it snug.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gizmo

Sorry for my confusion NePaSmoker,
I do not have an original so in referenece to the slider, I was thinking you were refering to the temperature slider on the smoker box.  I wouldn't expect that to get hot at all.  Hopefully you were referring to the Puck burner. ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/