Do Animal Rights Terrorists Actually Believe This Stuff?

Started by Kummok, January 09, 2007, 05:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

These PETA folks will stop at nothing to try to line their pockets with donations......Check out 'Kids Corner' to see what your kids are being told.... ::) ::)

http://www.fishinghurts.com/   :'(

manxman

QuoteCheck out 'Kids Corner' to see what your kids are being told....

PETA seem to be coming more to the fore on this side of the pond more recently, they have been quoted in the national press a couple of times recently.

Just glad that at aged 9 and 5 my two boys are "hooked" on angling like I was and my dad before that. They are catching bigger fish than me all too often nowadays  :-[ , can empty and rebait my lobster/crab pots and help clean/fillet/cook the proceeds of a days catch quite happily. Soon the only thing left for me to do is to sit back and drink beer!!

I have always taught them to respect what we catch, to kill humanely and to return what we don't need quickly and carefully, as well as taking home all our rubbish and not to discard line and hooks... all the usual things.

We also go shark watching and bird watching so they can appreciate just how lucky we are but this PETA material is just garbage, it makes no attempts to present a balanced argument in any way, but as Kummock says, I bet it brings in the £££/$$$'s.

Fortunately the boys both have school teachers who encourage them with their hobby and let them bring in pictures and write stories about fishing expeditions, as a result several of their friends have taken up fishing too. Of course the teachers also like the odd smoked/fresh fish the boys have brought in too! ;D ;)

It would be an "interesting" scenario if someone tried to indoctrinate my kids with this cr*p!  :o

Manxman

Malc

Quote from: Kummok on January 09, 2007, 05:59:11 AM
These PETA folks will stop at nothing to try to line their pockets with donations......Check out 'Kids Corner' to see what your kids are being told.... ::) ::)

http://www.fishinghurts.com/   :'(

It is funny.  I tried to look at that link from school.  I teach Environmental Science, so I always try to show as much as I can from both sides...even the crazies.  I always try to show kids sites with a clear bias, and then we talk about motivation, their thoughts, how the argument could have been presented better, etc....  When I followed that link that you posted and tried to go to Kids Corner my filter blocked it due to "Gruesome Content."  I got a good laugh from that.  Way to market that to kids PETA!

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

Dalby Spook

Kummock,

Consider your self fortunate  you don't live in a country where AR extremists throw pensioners in rivers while they fish or exhume the body of the mother of an animal research facility owner and hold it to ransom.

On a lighter note, I'm from a family long into hunting & fishing. Imagine the horror when my youngest brother married a vegan, AR activist and "hunt sabateur". Took 3 years but she now eats meat and goes fishing with him. Ah! the smell of fried bacon gets them every time!!
I've only been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was wrong. But I was'nt.
A. Einstien

PetersCreek

Yeah, PeTA shows up here every once in a while but they never seem to stay very long, fortunately.  But what I wanna know is, why don't the go someplace like Sturgis and harrass those leather-clad, cow-killin' bikers?  I'd pay cash money to watch that show.

I think the only solution to those vegan AR types is a drastic one.  We're gonna have to eat 'em.  Anyone have a recipe for smoked ninny? :D
Brett
Peters Creek, Alaska
PetersCreekPhoto.com

iceman

Quote from: PetersCreek on January 09, 2007, 03:17:36 PM
Yeah, PeTA shows up here every once in a while but they never seem to stay very long, fortunately.  But what I wanna know is, why don't the go someplace like Sturgis and harrass those leather-clad, cow-killin' bikers?  I'd pay cash money to watch that show.

I think the only solution to those vegan AR types is a drastic one.  We're gonna have to eat 'em.  Anyone have a recipe for smoked ninny? :D
I think the only way to cook that dish would be jerky. Then we could feed it to the dogs so they could really help out if they want to!!! Sorry, I had a run in years back with them in Soldovia and it got real ugly when they tried to dump my crab catch out. Who'd of thought a little ole 44 could scare the heck out of so many tree huggers. :o ;D
Lord I apologize for all the poor starving pygmies in .......... :D
To each his own I say but.....Don't touch me and I won't touch you back.
Dang, didn't mean to vent but they get the blood pressure up sometimes. :)
I think Kummok is right. They all need a dose of bacon theropy! ::)

ke4d

Now wait folks, I belong to PETA. PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS.

KE4D
San Benito, TX for a month

manxman

Quotetried to go to Kids Corner my filter blocked it due to "Gruesome Content."  I got a good laugh from that.  Way to market that to kids PETA!

Hahaha, nice story Malc. ;) I am all for animal welfare but this is ridiculous.

Thing that really pi**es me off is that for example some 2 - 3 million people die world wide due to malaria, most of them children. Why can't these people direct their efforts into worthwhile causes such as alleviating the pain and suffering of kids in the first place.  >:(
Manxman

LilSmoker

I've always been a keen angler since i was a kid, don't get out to do much sea fishing nowdays, but still do coarse freshwater fishing when i get the time, mainly carp, my biggest is 40lb 4oz (1988) so i was horrified to see the "Bowfishing" video. I know that in the U.S. carp are a nuisance fish, but what those guys were doing was just mindless torture, do they class this as sport???, if the fish are caught to eat, what's wrong with rod and line?, if they are just culling the fish there are much more humane ways of doing so.
They allowed themselves to be filmed, obviously have no shame ::)

Nothing better than catching yourself some nice fish, then letting the BS do it's magic on them, very satisfactory and rewarding, but "Bowfishing" they can keep it >:(
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Kummok

Quote from: LilSmoker on January 10, 2007, 10:16:46 AM
I've always been a keen angler since i was a kid, don't get out to do much sea fishing nowdays, but still do coarse freshwater fishing when i get the time, mainly carp, my biggest is 40lb 4oz (1988) so i was horrified to see the "Bowfishing" video. I know that in the U.S. carp are a nuisance fish, but what those guys were doing was just mindless torture, do they class this as sport???, if the fish are caught to eat, what's wrong with rod and line?, if they are just culling the fish there are much more humane ways of doing so.
They allowed themselves to be filmed, obviously have no shame ::)

Nothing better than catching yourself some nice fish, then letting the BS do it's magic on them, very satisfactory and rewarding, but "Bowfishing" they can keep it >:(

There are certainly some inhumane folks out there and, when caught, they should be sentenced to sliding down a mile long razor into a bucket of salty alcohol...but don't forget that many of these so-called animal right activists (actually terrorists, according to FBI) are not above filming themselves doing this stuff to raise sympathy and more importantly, FUNDS! Some of the folks involved with these groups (especially the HSUS, the so-called Humane Society of US) are actually felons, so keep your eyes open (and safety 'off' ?!?!? :o ;)) when enjoying the harvest of the great outdoors.....

Note to Malc....I want my grandkids in YOUR class!! ;) :)

Note to others....your comments had me ROFLMAO!

manxman

Manxman

Arcs_n_Sparks

Malc

QuoteNote to Malc....I want my grandkids in YOUR class!! 

Much appreciated Kummok!  I would love to have them.  That would be one heck of a commute, though ;D

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

manxman

QuoteROFLMAO!

Quoterolling on floor laughing my a$$ off

Thanks Arcs, another important one to add to the list!!  ;)

Manxman

Gizmo

Would put busing on a whole new level.
Can you imagine the bus ride?  Would take months, stopping at each target sighting, explaining the proper technique, skill, tools, sportsmanship.......
Class is now in session.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/