smoke sticks?????

Started by awesomeame, January 17, 2007, 07:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awesomeame

hi everyone.  i'm searching for some smoke sticks that will fit my original bradley smoker.  only ones i've been able to find are 42" long.  does anyone know where to buy?  thanks

--matt

Malc

From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

iceman

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

icerat4

Ill take a stab at it .Some kind of wood that smokes. ;D :D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

LilSmoker

Only kind of "smoke sticks" i know are the ones used to check ducting and chimney flues for draft etc, sometimes used for checking gas leaks?  ???
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

LilSmoker

<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

headgames

HMMM  yep  my opinion is same as lilsmokers ....... S N A C K   STICKS

used to stuff them about 15" long tie them off  ...  leave the string long and tie them to the top of a rack ..........  slide the rack in the top slot of the bradley upsidedown .. so all my little  snack snicks  would hang with out touching .  then 2-3  times during the smoke  just turn the rack  front to back .  as a rotation .   and  a good recipe  is at
    http://www.eldonsausage.com/InfoPages/RecipesSpec.htm

I add 2 tbs of  crushed pepper to the recipe for a little  zip . ;D
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

winemakers

by chance do you mean dowel that bridges from side to side in the BS to support hanging meat?

I use 1" hardwood dowel from any supplier cut to length.

iceman

Quote from: winemakers on January 18, 2007, 05:00:41 PM
by chance do you mean dowel that bridges from side to side in the BS to support hanging meat?

I'm swaying with you on this one. ::) :)

coyote

??? Smoke Pole?...............Nawwwwww , That's a muzzle loader ;D

awesomeame

Quote from: winemakers on January 18, 2007, 05:00:41 PM

yup that's what i'm talking about.  there are metal ones out there too.  does the hardwood not burn during hot smoking?  how do you get it not to "roll around" ?  i guess i could hit the ends with a sander and make a small flat surface?

--matt

iceman

Hardwood dowels work great. You don't have to worry about sanding down the ends. The weight of the sausage hanging over both sides will keep them from rolling around. :)

awesomeame

Oldman

headgames Thanks for that link....!
Raye

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!