JerkyScreens

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 22, 2007, 06:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Anyone use the new BS jerky screens yet? And if so do you use them in place of the metal racks or place them on the racks.  My coating on my metal racks is comeing off.

nepas

Wildcat

Not yet.  Plan to get some soon though.  I wonder of Chez has them yet.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

nodak

You can do what ever floats your boat, but many of use them upside down on to of the other rack to increase capacity that leaves a couple inches between good when doing jerky or sausage or other thinner pieces.

Mr Walleye

Nodak

I think he is refering to the Jerky Screens not the Jerky Racks.

I have never tried the them. I currently use 2 sets of the Jerky racks to double the load. I started off with one set and quickly realized I wanted a second set.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

NePaSmoKer

Te non-stick screens are the ones I am talking about. I have the metal jerky screens and the coating is starting to flake off.
Has anyone use the Bbqguru hole-e smokes mats? Would like to hear how they are b4 I buy.

nepas

bambamandsmoke

I had alot of POP's one night and didn't clean my non-stick jerky racks  ::), (used them to smoke fish, big mistake) the skin stuck like glue.  I srubbed and socked them for 2 days even tried the car wash. LOL  Well the coating came off with the skin. Go figger! 
I order the Bradley jerky drying screens and recieved them today.  They are soft and flexible, and ploblably bend when heated, so I think they would need to be put ontop of racks.  The directions are not clear so I am going to phone Bradley tomorrow about that.  It does say that they will melt at 300 f.  I will be useing them soon and let you know how they work.

Wildcat

Melt at 300? ???  Make me wonder if anything leaches out at 200? ???  I was planning on making an order, but now I am not sure.  How about it Chez?  Any info?
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 23, 2007, 01:11:04 PM
Te non-stick screens are the ones I am talking about. I have the metal jerky screens and the coating is starting to flake off.
Has anyone use the Bbqguru hole-e smokes mats? Would like to hear how they are b4 I buy.

nepas
I have purchased four and will be buying more. I haven't used mine in a while. Two will just about cover a rack. I sometimes used them to cover the racks when smoking salmon; helps a little with the cleaning. Mostly I use them to make small meatloaves with a small amount of cheese and/or half of jalapeno inserted in the center of them. They clean up easily, but I'm not sure how much protection they will provide the trays. When I used them for salmon, they do a great job preventing the salmon for sticking to the trays, but the juices would just flow over the hole-e-smokes and stick to the trays. It made cleaning the trays a little easier. They would be a lot easier to clean then a screen would be.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)