DBS in Garage Update

Started by Mr Walleye, January 21, 2007, 06:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

You have a couple of pretty fun projects lined up.  You have a very cool smoke set up, the addition of the cold smoke chamber is going to have you "setten purty"

Will be interesting to PID a DBS. I guess you just unplug the tower from the generator and plug the tower into the PID for control? All the displays on the Bradley will still work. 

It will be real interesting to have control based on temp of the air vs the temp of the back of the tower.  Should be an awesome  :-* set-up 8)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Mr Walleye

Thanks West Coast. That is exactly the way I had planned to hook it up.
I don't see why it won't work great! At least I hope so. I'll keep you posted once I get everything and get it put together.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

ottawabrad

Thanks Mr Walleye...great pics...let me ask you though....do you find that the hood fan vents enough when you open the smoker door? The smoke seems to just roll out and this is what I am worried about...

Mr Walleye

If I open the door while the smoke generator is doing it's magic you do get smoke rolling out. For the most part the range  hood does remove it because the smoke just rises up to it. I guess one point I would make would be during the smoke process I usually try not to open the door at all. Even before it was in my garage I always tried to open the door as limited as possible. In my garage during the use of my BS I can smell it but it is not "smokey" in the garage. I have been very happy with my set up simply because I can totally take the wind and weather out of the equation altogether.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

Great set up Mike, i've got the economy version, my BS sits on my workbench in the garage, and i open the door and window for ventilation  :P.

My garage smells just like a smokhouse nowdays, but i don't mind the smell, it always makes me hungry! ;D
I seem to smoke inside the garage a lot more now, even when the weather is good, just seems so convenient  ;D, i want to do a set up like yours when i get time, you have the perfect scenario there i'd say, very nice indeed  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes