BS Dependability?

Started by mavrickone, January 27, 2007, 06:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MallardWacker

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on February 04, 2007, 05:37:18 PM
CS site i visited the other day really slams Bradley in a link. ....

I have gone over to cs forum and have defended he BS, it gets pretty heated at times, after I defended it they came over hear and found me, got PM's the whole bit, it got so bad the only thing to do was to delete my posts over there.  They don't have it on the smaller end of the smoker but I will tell you this they do have it going on the commercial end.  If you have questions or just want to know what it will take to run a BBQ business they have some great folks on that end of the forum.  Even if you not in the BBQ business it is great reading.  Smokin OKey is the big cheese there, he watches things like hawk, to me treats the board as a sacred burial grounds.  By far most of the folks over there are just like us, they love to smoke but they have a large enough contingent of that hard noses that will keep me at a good distance.  Which is fine..."love the one you're with" and I will also say that quality of folks here on this forum, time after time always amaze me.  Not that I am big forum guy but I live at few and without exception, these people here are the best hearted and most gracious to help anyone.

After paying $900.00 this a comment from one of their new owners about CS customer service.
QuotePosted January 11, 2007 03:30 PM 
I read here about the great customer support cookshack has.. I sure haven't found it..maybe you can point me in the right direction...I just got my smo55s smoker..I am having trouble with the temp. so Iexplained ( in my email) that the lowest temp. I can get out of it is 240 degrees..this is trying all the settings (100 150 ect} I had read on here about the temp swings so I monitored it for 3 hrs. every 15 min. like you guys suggested. It consistently read 240 degrees. (there were no swings) which is why I also asked him, could there be a problem with the thermostat. I explained that I was mostly interested in using this for jerky and venison sticks and sausage..which you have to be able to maintain a 100 temp , then 150 ect.HIs reply to me was..this oven does have about a 40 degree fluctuation. However we do have a lot of customers that use them for jerky. Have you posted on the forum to see what process our other customers are using.. that was the extent to his email back..no answer to my question on the thermostat..obviously didn't really even read my email..(240 degrees consistently!there were no swings.. when I had it set at 150) almost a hundred degrees..not 40.. . I think that for the $879 dollars I paid he would have taken a little bit of interest in helping me.( If I was the company, I wouldn't want a used smoker of mine sitting in the back room of Cabelas at a discount price..not a real good advertisement)...instead of sending me over here.. (don't get me wrong..I love this forum..and would appreciate any help I can get }I really hate to return this smoker, but am at a loss as to what to do next...I also tried calling..but he is the only tech support I was told. sorry this is so long
Can't say I ever heard anything like this brom the BS customer service.  In fairness, they did get help further later.
And another...
QuotePosted January 19, 2007 04:30 PM 
I ordered a stand for my SM009 3 weeks ago as well as a cover, some rubs and a few other items and haven't heard boo from Cookshack since the order was placed....is this normal? Everything I read seems so positive but I sent an email a week ago asking what the status was and I got NO response. I love the smoker but the service seems to be lacking right now!
I know I am opening myself to much malining and dog turd throwing...I will edit the post if I need to.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on February 04, 2007, 03:02:04 PM
Very interesting compare by someone with both.  NePa the smokette is the smaller size unit with about the same price as the bradley? 

I do like the looks of the CS $3k model and sounds like temp control is guru style with the temp hold.  But then I could finish my GTO Project if I had another $3,000. Never seen one in person though.

Yeah the cs smokette is the smaller. When i bought it, it was $299 now they are more $499 for that much i could almost get a 6 rack bs and be  ;D

nepas

Oh yeah, go with your GTO

West Coast Kansan

MW and NePa's thanks, dont want to get anyone into a war ... the facts always come out anyway. 

It was just a  ??? kind of question I had.  I will say the bradley link was gross - maybe true somehow - if your trying to smoke tons of meat a week but that is more than I and my family will eat the rest of our lives. Cant think of any other way to trash a unit like that one was...

I will do another homemade or conversion or  ??? and hang bradley generators on it...someday. But no hurry for now. 

Stay low, dont want troubles on this forum cuz it is too much fun and as you say have found nothing but very nice people here and nobody needs the  :'(

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

NePaSmoKer

Naaa
we aint getting into a turd slinging contest here. We all know that the BS & forum is great. Just some opinions being made is all about another smoker.

No worries   ;D  ;D  ;D

nepas

MallardWacker

A BIG Koom-By-Ya is in order....Shall we?

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

iceman

Quote from: MallardWacker on February 05, 2007, 06:30:47 AM
A BIG Koom-By-Ya is in order....Shall we?
Too funny MW. I thought I was the only one who got bit over on the cs site. I don't go to that playground any more. ;D

MallardWacker

When SmokinOkie PM'd me I limited my time there.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

mavrickone

Hi Guys!
  I want to thank all of you for your feedback and I think this forum is great! I had bought a GOSM gas smoker before I got my BS and they have a forum as well and it just seems to be a major fuss between members with one guy kinda running the show. It got to the point that I just have all the post from there sent to spam and don't have to let all the bickering clog my email ;)
  I have not decided whether to be a dealer but I am very pleased with the smoker and their people.I was told that they had a problem with the smoke generator having too small a motor which they told me was changed so I would guess its probably the same motor in all the units now.
   The CS is made here io OK and they do have some good rubs and spices but in my opinion its over priced for what you get. I smoked some stuffed chicken and some chicken breast last week and they were a major hit.I took some breast to my friend that has the CS and he was impressed!
    I guess they were good because I got my orders to smoke some more stuffed breast from my bride this evening when I got home and saw the breast thawing ::)!
   Again THANKS! To all of you guys for the advice and help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mav
P.S. Ice , Just curious what you do that you have so many smokers?

mavrickone

P.S. Guys, I am going to try some of the "Atomic Bufollow sp! Turds just for fun and see if I can mess up my intestines ;) I am having a great time with my BS! I do think if they would add a little extra heat and a thermostate like a oven it would an even bigger hit.In cold weather the max temp seems to be about 225 or so which works good for slow smoking , but to have the ability to go higher would be nice. ;)

Mav

Gizmo

Quote from: mavrickone on February 10, 2007, 07:32:32 PM
 Mav

I hope it is eating.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

mavrickone

If ICE is eating it all himself I want to meet him! ;D

iceman

Around fishing and hunting season all the sudden I get overwhelmed with "friends" for some reason that want smoked fish. Kummok knows the feeling too. It's nothing to start running a few hundred pounds of salmon a weekend through them. I also due a couple hundred turkeys each year for the Moose Lodge folks. Ann becomes a smokers widow during those times but I still give her visiting privileges. Ha!!! Actually she does half the work with me. Between that and sausage making it makes for a busy fall. ;D But it's all great fun and good eats. Vampyr has got me on a pizza / stromboli kick now and I'm getting a gut. :o I have to shake that habit and get back in shape for summer. :D ;D

Mr Walleye

Geeeezzzzz Ice.... I wish you lived next door to me!

;D  ;D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

coyote

To our CS onlookers....Please take time to do the math    BS + The Forum = MMMMmmmmmmm

Translated , this simply means.....Better smoker + Great people = Better products  ;D

Coyote

p.s. Don't ruffle the feathers of our MallardWacker ,Ya'll could be overcome by smoke. We vent. >:(

MallardWacker

Quote from: coyote on February 12, 2007, 04:01:51 PM
.....p.s. Don't ruffle the feathers of our MallardWacker ,Ya'll could be overcome by smoke. We vent. >:(

That right there I got a funny out of.....O but true.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas