I'm so sorry to say that we lost a member.

Started by iceman, January 27, 2007, 06:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

:'(
Margo, a good friend of TomG informed us that Tom has left us. He had a cardiac arrest and things happened rather quickly so the paramedics didn't even get a chance to do they're job. As margo said he spoke highly of many of us at the forum and was passionate about smoking. He will be missed deeply and our prayers will always be with him. I'm so sorry to have to break the news but felt you all should know what happened. Please take time to say a short prayer for him if you would be so kind.
Thank you all. Pat and Ann.

Arcs_n_Sparks

iceman,

Thank you for passing this along. Sorry to hear this....

Arcs_n_Sparks

owrstrich

tomg... a knowledgeable smoker who shared his humor... politics... technical expertise...

he once said...

Guys, we're a very small community, almost a family...

you will be missed tomg... r i p...
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

West Coast Kansan

This is a loss to the forum.  TomG has a sense of humor and way of looking at things that provided a completion to the forum community.  He has shared several pictoral postings that have been valuable benchmarks for me personally. It is difficult to explain a remote bond that exists between the posting members here. TomG will be missed. :'(

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

mavrickone

I am very sorry to here this for anyone, and though I never talked to him I want to give his family my sincere sorrow for their loss.

Sincerely
Mav

Oldman

Iceman as I said in my E-mail if the family would like we can set up a tribute area on the recipe site for TomG... something special.

Please pass on to his family my regards.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MWS

I'm shocked and extremely saddened by the news of Toms passing. I enjoyed his posts and PM's. I will miss his posts and PM's........don't know what to say. I had wondered why he had not posted for awhile.

Good bye Tom, you are a friend.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

LilSmoker

Very sad news indeed, he was a very helpfull guy, he gave me some great pointers and advice which i will fondly remember him by.
Heavens gain is indeed our loss

R.I.P. TomG
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I would like to pass my sincere condolences to the family.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

QuoteIt is difficult to explain a remote bond that exists between the posting members here. TomG will be missed.

How very true WCK.

Others have posted the sentiments that I feel, thanks for letting everyone know Pat.

R.I.P Tom.

Manxman

Wildcat

My sentiments and prayers are with his him and his family.  I really like Old's idea if his family does not object.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

winemakers

a prayer for those who go before us and a prayer for those who remain.  A gentle wish for strength, courage, and faith for loved one's left for the remainder of their journey.

hillbillysmoker

May the family feel the warmth of God's love and the comfort of God's grace as they struggle with the loss of someone dear.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Malc

I always think of this when a loved one dies.  Maybe you all will take some comfort reading it, as well.

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee   
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,   
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,   
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.   
From rest and sleepe, which but thy pictures bee,           
Much pleasure, then from thee, much more must flow,   
And soonest our best men with thee doe goe,   
Rest of their bones, and soules deliverie.   
Thou art slave to Fate, Chance, kings, and desperate men,   
And dost with poyson, warre, and sicknesse dwell,   
And poppie, or charmes can make us sleepe as well,   
And better then thy stroake; why swell'st thou then;   
One short sleepe past, wee wake eternally,   
And death shall be no more; death, thou shalt die.

--John Donne
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

OmegaMan

I'm very sorry to here about Tom.  Very nice man...

My condolences to his family and friends.

Patrick