First round of Dumb Questions

Started by Grillin and Chillin, June 22, 2005, 11:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

they are the same diameter and slightly taller then the smoke pucks...

the purpose is to push the last smoke puck off the burner so it doesnt smolder and give off nasty smoke after spent...

it takes 3 bubba pucks to push the last smoke puck off the burner into the water bowl... or 2 bubba pucks with 1 smoke puck in substitute for the last bubba puck... i use 3 bubba pucks because that is where its at...

no cleaning properties... my bubba pucks are pretty gooed up...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Malc

Olds will pretty much cover anything you need to know.  The only other thing I clean inside the box other that what he mentioned is the spots where the racks sit.  I just think it helps them slide in and out easier, but it probably isn't necessary.  I only do it every four smokes or so.
I leave my meat out just long enough to preheat the Bradley.  I don't mind the extra time, and I remember reading on here once that smoke adheres better at cooler temps.

Malc
From the forest itself comes the handle for the axe.

boxertrio

The pucks are are the same size, just a little heavier.  I use 3 pucks.  The purpose is to push all of your wood pucks onto the burner.  Without the Bubba Pucks you will have to add 3 extra biscuits to your stack to push the others all the way thru.  The Bubba's allow you to do this without wasting 3 extra biscuits on every smoke.

edit: Dammmm Owrs is quick on the draw tonite
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

iceman

What have you been doing Boxer. Long time no talkie. Hope all is well. :)

boxertrio

no power for a week....all is well
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

iceman

Quote from: boxertrio on January 26, 2007, 03:28:21 PM
no power for a week....all is well
It's just crazy with the weather lately. Mid west is getting our Alaska temps and we're getting everything from high winds, rain, and snow up here. Hope you didn't suffer any.

Smoking Butt

I'm so happy these Questions have been asked. They have helped we out a lot since I'm new with the BS. I have had a few other smokers in the past years and they were nothing like the BS. And must say I just love it and wish I found this forum right when I got it. Great questions and thanks.
If smoking is so bad for you? Why do I eat so well?

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum Smoking Butt.  I, like you, have had other smoking units and I agree, the BS simply can't be beat (at least not with something of similar size).
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/