DBS Temp Swing Test

Started by Mr Walleye, February 04, 2007, 11:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Coast Kansan

I think they were / are the same wattage. Difference was metalized or glass ??? Need a hero with history here. The 4R does have somewhat less volume to heat than a 6 rack but I like the spreads you lay out with your 6R DBS Gizmo. Whoping Gobs of Food :o

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: nodak on February 19, 2007, 03:34:34 PM
Habanero Smoker if I understand you, Is it possible the Propane version could create the smoke ring effect?
Though I believe the article I read was referring to natural gas; propane is an organic fuel. It should produce a pink ring.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Silverlock

WOWZA... uber-helpful info from everyone. Special props to West Coast Kansan. Thx. :)
BTW... the DBS I'm looking at is the 4-rack one so it should get up to the same temps as the OBS (I would think). For the $30.00 diff. I think I'll go with the digital (retail $399.00 Canadian @ Surplus Herby's , which seems pretty good compared to what I've been seeing elsewhere).
Glad I found this place... helpful people talking about their pits. I do believe I've got me a new home...

*takes folding chair out of bag and sets it down next to the cooler.... cracks a cold one*

;D

iceman

Quote from: Silverlock on February 20, 2007, 09:08:32 AM

*takes folding chair out of bag and sets it down next to the cooler.... cracks a cold one*

;D
Wow!!! Silverlock already skipped to step 4. You're a fast learner and my kinda guy :D Welcome to the world of "BS" as Ann calls it ;D ;) :)

Silverlock

Quote from: Gizmo on February 19, 2007, 08:56:55 PM
Silver,
IMHO its not about the purity anymore

I know but...  :( ... c'mon...

There is something about the esthetic and purity. It's almost a piece of lawn art too! *Sigh* Gonna miss it.

Gizmo

Thats why they invented Pictures>   Cherish the memories Silver.  I guess you could hang onto it like an antique and pay it attention when the heart grows fonder. ;)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

I still have my Meco charcoal water smoker, and use it from time to time. It produces a different flavor. Some times I miss the flavor of charcoal, and using peach wood to smoke with.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Wildcat

Peach wood!  I have never tried that - hey Chez think you could talk Bradley in producing some? ::) ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Consiglieri

With the Weber "Darth R2D2" style water smoker, I used to smoke with almond wood quite a bit with good results.  Never tried peach though.

I thought the pecan bisquettes would be similar to almond, but not so.  Still turns out a good meal though.
Consiglieri

Wildcat

Hmmmm.  Almond sounds good also. ::)

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Wildcat on February 23, 2007, 04:11:43 AM
Peach wood!  I have never tried that - hey Chez think you could talk Bradley in producing some? ::) ;D

I did send Bradley an e-mail suggesting that they make bisquettes out of peach wood, but they politely responded that they have no plans to do so. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Wildcat

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 23, 2007, 01:56:12 PM

I did send Bradley an e-mail suggesting that they make bisquettes out of peach wood, but they politely responded that they have no plans to do so. :)

??? :P :( :'(

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: Silverlock on February 19, 2007, 04:15:37 PM
Quote from: nodak on February 19, 2007, 01:11:39 PM
What Icerat said Plus build a PID

PID? Okay, now I know I must be a noob. What is a PID? How does one 'build one'?
Cheers,
Silver

Well, depending upon a number of factors, the PID is either a:

Pig Indicating Device, or a
Porter Indicating Device, or a
Proportional, Integral, Derivative closed-loop controller

Depends on whether you are shopping, drinking, or controlling.....   8)

Arcs_n_Sparks