The weatherman said snow

Started by LilSmoker, February 08, 2007, 01:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilSmoker

Hi all, well in the u.k. yesterday the weatherman said it was gonna snow and .................he was right!

This is the cornfield next to my house:

It's getting deeper all the time:

The dairy farm opposite:

Well the snow is now about 6 inches deep and it's still snowing, nothing to iceman and you Alaskan guys i guess, but as usual here in England it's causing chaos!  ;D

I remember a few years back, some boffin said because of global warming etc, it would probably never snow again in England, guess what, it snowed 3 days later  ;D

Well i lost a days work today, and a days pay to go with it, but life's not so bad, i have 4 lamb shanks doing their thing in the crock pot, and i have 4 whole sides of salmon to hot smoke in the BS
The salmon is from Costco, unfortunately it's the farmed variety ::), but by time the BS has worked it's magic, i won't be complaining ;D.

Regards............LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

manxman

Lucky so and so, the weatherman said snow for us and he was fibbing!!  >:(

Enjoy! My two boys have got their sledges out ready, major disappointment if we don't get any!

Manxman

LilSmoker

Hi Manx, i really hope your boys get some snow, i remember my dad used to take us out with the sledges when we were kids, seemed to snow a lot in those days, great fun  ;D

Why does the snow always come late in u.k. ?, would have been lovely at xmas, i think the last true white christmas in England was 1976?, we also had that real long hot summer in 76 too, was a real scorcher! ;D

Bye for now........LilSmoker ;)

nodak

You can keep that white #!#! (stuff),  Been lucky here last few years with very little snow, but if I could get rid of this below 0 F temps for highs, I would be happier.  Just think you probably have more snow than most of ND, and I prefer to keep it that way, Now you can take the cold with it too (please). 

iceman

Great looking area to live in LS. Ya need a couple more trees though. :D I bet it is wonderful to look at in the summer when everything is green.

icerat4

NEW YORK IS GETTING HAMMERED. ;D.   

Just another weekend with the smoker...

LilSmoker

Quote from: nodak on February 08, 2007, 07:06:54 AM
You can keep that white #!#! (stuff),  Been lucky here last few years with very little snow, but if I could get rid of this below 0 F temps for highs, I would be happier.  Just think you probably have more snow than most of ND, and I prefer to keep it that way, Now you can take the cold with it too (please). 

;D ;D ;D

Quote from: iceman on February 08, 2007, 08:39:16 AM
Great looking area to live in LS. Ya need a couple more trees though. :D I bet it is wonderful to look at in the summer when everything is green.

Thanks iceman, yeah in the summer it's nice, field full of corn, or sometimes maize, and the cows grazing opposite, sometimes the farmer puts fertilizer down not so nice lol!.
Over the back of the cornfield there's lot's of lakes, a couple of rivers and a c@nal, so we've got plenty of water around here. There are trees over the back, but as you say i need a few closer to me :D
Although it's very rural here, on a sunday morning i could drive to central london in about 20 minutes, not that i go there much, too fast paced for me ;)

Quote from: icerat4 on February 08, 2007, 09:14:47 AM

Hi icerat, yeah i've heard you get REAL snow in NY ;D my cousin was there once, and it snowed heavy, he said he'd never seen anything like it  :o

I know one thing, all this cold weather gives me an appetite  ;D ;)

Kummok

Quote from: LilSmoker on February 08, 2007, 01:24:35 AM
...Well the snow is now about 6 inches deep and it's still snowing, nothing to iceman and you Alaskan guys i guess, but as usual here in England it's causing chaos!  ;D

I remember a few years back, some boffin said because of global warming etc, it would probably never snow again in England, guess what, it snowed 3 days later  ;D...

Don't let us Alaskans fool you, LS, you DON'T want to see the drivers in Anchorage during the first snow of the year. Ask Iceman about counting cars in the center divider on the drive between Wasilla and Anchorage during the first snow of the year. Every year it's like the first time some folks have seen snow and the rest of us have forgotten how to drive in it since last year.....it's always a pretty crazy mix, but it kept our firetrucks, (actually called engine companies), on the move!

Speaking of "crazy mixes".....science and politics is one of the worst...."Global Warming", my frozen rear....I still haven't seen any decent science prove up on that claim. LOT'S of politicians trying to convince us that our lawnmowers are producing more greenhouse gas than dairy cow farts, but so far the science is missing... ??? ???  I think that I can use proper scientific reasoning to theorize that "global warming" has indeed produced some genuine "gas bags", with Al Gore (the true inventor of the Internet) at the top of the list... ;) ;) Okay, I gotta quit this bent....it's reminding me that I still really miss TomG  :( and it's not as much fun without the expectation of him giving me the virtual wop upside the head..... :(

Enjoy your "snow day" Lil Smoker! 8)  (and the smoked "soylent green" salmon!! ;D ;) ;D ;D)

P.S.
I'd send you some of the tall evergreen trees that Iceman suggests, except that most of them around here are brown from bugkill!  :o

nodak

Yeah global warming,  Looks like another week ahead of below 0 to 0F highs for another week,  this is cold even in ND.  We usually get a few days here and there of bitter cold. but looks like this one is going to be over 2 weeks long and I'm tired of it.  On the bright side it keeps the undesirables out and lowers are already low crime rate. 

Also reading a global warming article the other day and it talked on how the glaciers are melting on one pole, but said the activist forget to mention they are growing at the other pole and actually may produce a net gain of glacier area.

Meanings Gore was mentioned already I'll add my unbiased political advice.
Oh yeah these environmentalist will even grow stronger if we elect the people(president, senators, etc.).  So remember this when November rolls around each year.

Vote rational not with the extremists, that don't realize where their food actually comes from.

Kummok

Quote from: nodak on February 08, 2007, 10:43:22 AM
...Vote rational not with the extremists, that don't realize where their food actually comes from.

And WE know that the REALLY good food comes from Bradleys! ;) ;D

nodak

QuoteAnd WE know that the REALLY good food comes from Bradleys!
Quote from: Kummok on February 08, 2007, 11:30:34 AM

AND FOUR LEGGED BEASTS AND FEATHERED FRIENDS!

LilSmoker

Hi Kummok, so it's not just chaos in the u.k. when it snows then  ;D
Alaska sounds lovely, like to see it one day.

I agree about the global warming etc, some people seem to forget the world has been changing since it began, ice age, dinosaurs etc. Last year some guy says the hole in the ozone is getting smaller, and in 50 years it will be fixing itself?, now they tell us it's getting bigger by the minute?, who are we supposed to believe?
I don't think they no themselves for certain  ::)

Wildcat

I have always said that science is the best guess at the time and politicians simply bump their gums to gain notority.

In any event, I'm having another brew here in sunny Florida. ;D 8)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

QuoteIn any event, I'm having another brew here in sunny Florida. ;D  8)

Stop it Widcat, i just looked out my window and a polar bear wouldn't look out of place atm  :o ;D :D

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: icerat4 on February 08, 2007, 09:14:47 AM

Parts of New York are getting hit with lake effect snow. With the Great Lakes remaining unfrozen, western and central New York are getting the snow, I'm in eastern New York, sometimes the lake effect snow will hit us, but I have only gotten a few flurries from what is hitting other areas of New York. In my area the total amount of snow we received for this winter is a little over 3 inches. Saturday was really the first snow cover we gotten, that consisted of 2.5 inches.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)