The weatherman said snow

Started by LilSmoker, February 08, 2007, 01:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Sounds like you found the right spot to live Hab. What I've been seeing on the news was a lot more than 3" down in your parts. Man the mid states are just getting slammed this time of year.

Habanero Smoker

The snow is falling in an area that is called the Snowbelt. Winds come across the Great Lakes picking up moisture, then dumbs its in an area from Buffalo to Cobleskill. They generally get a lot of snow during the winter, but not this much that fast. Those areas generally get over 250 inches of snow a year. I haven't checked, but I believe Northern New York is not effected by this storm either. So there is quite a large area of New York that has not seen much snow this year.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

And here in nepa we just got a tiny dusting but its colder than a.........well you know

nepas

West Coast Kansan

I just checked and no snow here yet.  I'll keep watching.  Most of the annuals got hit pretty hard by the great new years frost.  Been a tough year.  Not for the timid for sure.

I was reading a report that Green House gasses were building up because of Global Warming...not the other way around. Says it cycles like that every however long.

High of 74 - Low of 48 - House Payment 3000

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Sabre

LilSmoker,
I've got some pictures of snow for you if I could figure out how to post them, I  have had 7.5 feet of snow in
one week. It snows every day, I still managed to get to my favorite butcher and get some ribs for sunday supper.

LilSmoker

Quote from: Sabre on February 11, 2007, 05:56:30 AM
LilSmoker,
I've got some pictures of snow for you if I could figure out how to post them, I  have had 7.5 feet of snow in
one week. It snows every day, I still managed to get to my favorite butcher and get some ribs for sunday supper.

Hi Sabre,  :o wow i would love to see those pics.

For pics, first you need a host, Photobucket, Imageshack etc unless you have some webspace, upload the pics to your chosen host, copy the URL of the pic.
Then back on this forum you can click the picture icon when doing your post, and this will appear [img ][ /img] but without spaces.

Ok paste the URL [img ] Here [ /img] again without spaces, provided the URL/path is correct your pics will show.

Hope this helps  ;)

As for the ribs, i'm the same, when i want ribs nothing's gonna stop me, in fact i'm just about to pull some out of my BS right now ;D ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Sabre;

Welcome to the forum.

The last time I was in your area, I couldn't go by a house that didn't have their snowmobiles on the front lawns for sale. Now I'm guessing everyone is taking their for sale signs down.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

NePaSmoKer

Looks like snow heading my way too.

nepas

West Coast Kansan

Got rain today (kinda) and had to run the wipers on the van going to church.
The snow in NY looks crazy on the coverage here.  Has now become an endurance thing.  Hang in there guys.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

NePaSmoKer

Yeah wck, looks like the upstater New yorkers are getting it hard. Alot of the old timer PA folks say the winters are not like they used to be here where they got feet of snow instead of just inches. The weather man says looks like a nor easter going to hit, guess I gotta get the snow blower out and ready.

Put another log on the fire. WOO HOO  :o

nepas

Habanero Smoker

I only got a few flurries from those lake effect storms that are hitting western and central New York. Wednesday is a different story. If that Nor'easter stays on track then my area will be getting hit with snow, but nothing that can compare to the lake effect storms. Nor'easter's are difficult to track, at this time the weather men are say 7 inches to more then a foot. I hope it stays south enough so that my area doesn't get effected by this storm.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

NePaSmoKer

I think NE PA is going to get it too. My storm predator for my weather station is saying 5 to 13" Oh well what ya gunna do.

nepas

Sabre

Sabre

LilSmoker, Thanks for the help... That is a 6 foot fence and a pool some where  under.... I need spring

LilSmoker

Now that is REAL snow!!!  :o :o :o

Over here when we talk about snowfall it's inches, and i can see that you guys talk in feet!, that is incredible!

Btw Sabre, glad you got the pics sorted, just another tip for you, best to keep the pics no bigger than 800 x 600, as this usually allows the whole pic on screen.

Regards  LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes