Tube lines

Started by whitetailfan, February 10, 2007, 08:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

Not much of an accesory, but I've been thinking of putting lines on the inside of my puck tube, so I know:
1)How much time I have left worth of pucks
2)Verify that the pucks are dropping and moving

Today while I was advancing the first three, my pile stuck in the tube and were not dropping.  A quick tap fixed the problem, but if that happened mid-smoke, I would not know, but with lines I could easily tell by the time, where the top of the pile ought to be.

I was thinking of white paint, but I wondered if a tire marker or glass marker would work here.  It would be a bit cleaner to work with, but it might rub away after a few uses.

Any thoughts?  An engraver would work as well, but not easy to see at quick glance....
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Mr Walleye

Hey WTF

How about one of those white paint style makers. They usually have a small marble in them & require shaking. I know you can get them at most stationary stores.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

nodak

Great Idea on the tube lines.  I might try a temporary solution using colored elect. tape of I can get it to stick well enough with causing more jams.

Mr Walleye

Another idea would be to use automotive pin stripping.
We use this for marking legal size limits somewhere in the boat for fishing.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Little number decals are available at hobby stores and come in lots of colors... they stick pretty good too.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

acords

How about some white out
Grab me another stout, or scotch, or martini, or........
http://www.yardandpool.com - for all your Bradley needs!
http://www.geocities.com/schleswignapa/ -for all your Bradley needs!

Gizmo

If you put the lines on the outside of the tube, you won't have to worry about the material haning up the pucks not that I think it would.  The real question is what happened to cause your pucks to hang up in the first place?  Did you happen to notice before the love tap?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

This has happened to me on a few occassions. Either it was do to me not loading the bisquettes correctly, one was on an angle and jammed. I had to unload all the bisquettes on top of the jammed one to fix it. Another time it was a "warp" bisquette.

Now I count the number of bisquettes showing when I check the BS, but sometime I forget the number. Your solution, of marking the tube sounds like a good idea.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Cajun

you can use some small reflective tape strips so when you use a flashlight at night it will show up good too :)
There is a place for all of Gods animals right next to the mashed potatos and gravy