E1 Error Message

Started by herknav, February 19, 2007, 02:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herknav

I had trouble finding a fix for my E1 Error message, so I thought I'd post something to help out the next guy that trys to search "E1".

Upon power up, my Bradley Digital Smoker gave me an E1 message along with some beeping.  With some help from this forum I found out that it had something to do with the Sensor. 

I removed the back of my smoker and messed with the quick connection that connects the sensor receptacle to the wire that runs to the sensor.  Wha-la!  The smoker started working.  For a day :(.  The next time I use the smoker, I had the same problem.  I didn't want to take the back off again, so I gave it a smack with my fist on the back about where the connection is (about 4 inches above the sensor receptacle).  It started working.  I don't know if it's the connection, or I jarred something else when I gave it a smack.  I've had to do this several times since and a few hits always get it working again.

Today I'm going to remove the back of the smoker and remove the connector by solding the wires together.  I'll post again and let you know if this solves the problem.
herknav

LilSmoker

Hi there and welcome, i would contact Bradley and make them aware of this prob, they're very good with customer service.

Hope you get sorted...........LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

herknav

I removed the connector and soldered the wires together.  I did about 10 test runs and so far so good.  Seems to be working.  No E1 yet.
herknav

West Coast Kansan

Greetings and welcome herknav.  The issue you describe is common to the connectors on the small wire between the Smoke Generator and the back of the DBS.  Usually plugging and unplugging the wire a few times will loosen up the pin in the connector.   :)

Thanks for posting your experience for others.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

iceman

Quote from: West Coast Kansan on February 19, 2007, 08:10:51 PM
Greetings and welcome herknav.  The issue you describe is common to the connectors on the small wire between the Smoke Generator and the back of the DBS.  Usually plugging and unplugging the wire a few times will loosen up the pin in the connector.   :)

Thanks for posting your experience for others.
Yep. Thanks for letting the others know. It will save some headaches to them down the road. ;) Mucho apreciado :D

herknav

I tryed plugging and un-plugging the sensor wire, but that didn't work.  So far, removing that connector inside seems to have fixed my problem.  The bottom line is that the E1 error code means something is wrong with the sensor.  I 'spose this could be a number of things.  The sensor itself, the wiring, or the connections.  If you have an E1 code, the easy thing to do is mess with the sensor wire.  If that doesn't work, you might have to dig deeper.
herknav