Wish me luck

Started by Tiny Tim, February 23, 2007, 11:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

If you look up the chips inside, can you get an idea from their data sheets?  I see that some of the keyless door entry systems (for cars) are using Manchester encoding.  Apparently easy to break and defeat as well.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Arcs_n_Sparks

Already went down that road. There is no dedicated communication chip; the microcontroller is doing all the work. Manchester encoding is a way to combine clock and data into a single stream. However, what you need to know what each bit in the stream means. So for example, the protocol could have say; two start bits, a channel number, followed by the temperature, than a stop bit. Could also have something totally different; that is the problem.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Gizmo

Yup, as you can tell, been out of deep thought too long.  Haven't had to dig into the trons for over 15 years and it shows.
Looks like you need one of the "Numbers" kind of guys that would look at the wave form, recognize the pattern, and would be able to tell you, oh, that is a simple blah blah blah blah blah and the this algorithm will decode the stream and drive your display.  No problem. ???
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

I'm sorry to say that I didn't get any pics of my birdies.  Had to go to the grocery store right after work...even left before we closed, but by the time I got home, Dad had the whole bird tore apart since his girlfriend decided she wanted it 3 hours before we thought she did.  And, on the boneless one, it got done in 5 hours, but I got done slicing it before I remembered to take pics.

I promise to do pics of the next smoke items.  I'm thinking chicken parts Saturday, with some dried beef and venison for the next week, since my brown sugar cure and other stuff got here from Curley's.  Sunday I'm heading to Cabela's in Omaha with a buddy, so I may have some new equipment to brag about. :D