Wife Wants Her Loin Rubbed!!

Started by TxSmoker, March 03, 2007, 09:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TxSmoker

Hello all! Now that I pulled you in with that tag line hehe...Wife bought a pork loin and wants me to use a rub from the recipe sight. My question is: do you just shake it in a bag kinda like shake and bake chops or do you rub it in real good? If you DO rub it, do you rub it to the point where the spices are almost disolved or do you leave a crust? After the rub do I let it sit overnight or what? Thanks for the help! Steve

West Coast Kansan

Yea you got me with the header  ;D I rub and wrap for an overnight in the fridge.  I take it out and rub again at the time I set up the smoker for a preheat.  Nice piece of meat that we will usually slice about 1/4 inch and have with potatos etc that day and then the rest is usually used for sandwiches. How big is your wifes loin? :o

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

TxSmoker

She told me I could not tell you the size of HER loin  :-X...But the PORK loin is about a pound and a half, not that big, but it's just 3 of us and our daughter eats like a bird. By wrapped, do you mean tighly wrapped in saran wrap? Thanks for the help! Steve

West Coast Kansan

Yes saran wrap.  Of coarse your wifes 'pork loin' is what i meant ;D I like them petite as you describe  8)

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

iceman

Is this kinda like the cake thing, where you can "Have yer loin an eat it too"! :D :D ;D LOL forgive me and the poor starving pigmies. ;)

MallardWacker

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

nodak

Hmmmmmmmmmm!   I see this little button that says report to moderator.  Thinking I need to.  Not because it's obscene, but because it isn't.  Sucked me in with that line.  Can you post pictures of her loin so I can properly instruct you on proper technique as all are different. ;D :D ;D :D :)

coyote

Kinda like having your wife.......and Edith too  ::)

Coyote

LilSmoker

Quote from: coyote on March 05, 2007, 07:32:55 PM
Kinda like having your wife.......and Edith too  ::)

Coyote

Haha!, even better if the wife is called Kate, then you have your Kate and Edith too! :o ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

West Coast Kansan

Another thread shipwrecked.  :D ;)

coyote

iceman

Tweet, tweet, tweet, Dander Will Robinson danger!!! :D :D :D Enough, my sides still ache from laughing. ;D