DBS & workspaces

Started by Silverlock, March 05, 2007, 03:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverlock

So I finally purchased a DBS (haven't used it yet), got my Maverick ET-73 en-route, but I'm wondering where you guys are putting your smokers when in use? My unit will be stored when not in use, which means no permanent fixture to set it on. I can't imagine people are just placing it on the ground (too much bending for this ol' bastage) so that means some sort of utility table, etc. Is a wood table okay (my initial gut reaction to this thought was.. "too hot on the bottom to rest on wood"), then I was looking at a 2'x4' telescoping legs, resin table but plastic would fare as bad or worse.
Anyway, what do you guys suggest?

Wildcat

Anything you want.  The BS is very well insulated.  I put mine on a folding table that I got from Sam's a few years back.  Not a problem. :)
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

nodak

I use a nifty cart from Sam's for $20's with rollers on it.

Gizmo

Mine is outside and sits on a little round table that should have been tossed out a decade ago (from a little table and chair set when my daughter was little).  Covered when not in use but then I use it almost every weekend.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

When in use, mine sits on either some folding trestles or a small garden table. If the weather is bad i use the BS sat on my workbench in the garage with the door or window open, this is also where it's stored  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

If you are going to keep it in storage while it is not being used, I would suggest a chart with wheels. I purchased a 3 wire shelf chart from Sam's for about $50.00. The wheels are large enough to easily roll the cart across the lawn. If you do get the 3 shelf chart, do not assemble it as it is pictured on the box. If you place the basket shelf on top, the door on the BS will not clear. I assembled mine by placing the basket shelf on the bottom. When you place the basket shelf on the bottom, make sure you adjust the height so that the wheels will clear the basket.

One down side, it is chrome plated, so after about a year of constant exposure to the element, it began to rust. If you are going to keep it in storage most of the time, that should not be much of a problem.

As Wildcat stated you could place it on a wood table, or a molded plastic table; it will not harm the surface underneath.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

Heres my smoke house.With sound system . ;D

PLENTY OF ROOM.2 smokers skate sharpner and xmas stuff that smells like hickory ;D.

Just another weekend with the smoker...