jerky recipe

Started by Sabre, March 15, 2007, 12:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Here is my Amish rb jerky marinated for 22 hrs

Here is th rb i like to use. Has a twang to it.

Here is what i would have to trudge thru to get to my BS (I dont think so today)

So here is what my Arbj is going to get.  ;D

I will show you my finished Arbj in about 6 hours.

Enjoy

nepas

coyote

Very impressive Nepas , .....That jerky in the soak tub looks good enough to eat just like that.
I really like that dehydrater...Did you make that? Pass on heart felt thanks to your kids for all
they're doing for our country and our families. They are always in my prayers.
I bet the really look foward to the care packages you send them. A pure taste of home...from Dad.
I know I enjoy hearing about it. :)
                                                                       Let the smoke roll ,
                                                                                      Coyote

NePaSmoKer

TY coyote

I will pass on your thanks to them.

The rootbeer really permiated the meat and tenderized it.

The dehydrator I bought from a lady in Oregon, her and her husband made them. It has a 6" fan in back blowing forward and 1800watt heating element with reostat on the side. I dont think they make them anylonger though  :). Mine is starting to not get as hot now thats why i am getting a Cabelas dehydrator.

nepas

carnie1

Too Bad for all the snow, it missed us here in south florida, don't think I can get "Dutchie" root beer here, might try some from the spanish grocery store.

West Coast Kansan

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Wildcat

Another thing on my to do list.  Will ANY rootbeer do?
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

I think so Wildcat, you might want to try barqs rb.

nepas

Wildcat

That I can get.  Thanks.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Ok here is the finished Amish rbjerky. Cooled and lightly sprayed with potassium sorbate.

nepas

TxSmoker

What does the potassium sorbate do?

Sabre

Looks great nepa, thanks again for the recipe and god bless those boys.  Thank them for us, every day folks for having the courage to do that job!!!   Sabre

West Coast Kansan

Nice thick looking slices.  Looks very chewable.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

The Sorbate is a fungistatic type additive.  I.E. it keeps the micro bugs away.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

carnie1

Got a load in right now, used IBC root beer, will let you know how it turns out, Hey NePa heard the snow is melting already, gee I sure hope there is some left when I get back ;) :P ;D

NePaSmoKer

yeah carnie1
the snow is melting but not fast enough.
My wife really likes th Arbj, She says finally you made some jerky thats not too smokey or too hot.

Like gizmo said Potassium Sorbate keeps the micro bugs, molds and fungi off your jerky. I do this light spray when i put my jerky in a plastic container on the counter for a couple days. Also i drop an oxygen absorber pack in with the jerky.

nepas