Vent

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 17, 2007, 04:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Ordered this lastnight. A power vent that sits over the top vent of your smoker.
Stainless steel
Washable filter
115 VAC - 12 VDC adapter included
Approx. 7" dia. x 6-1/2" tall
Draws 4.8 amps

Cant wait to try it while smokin some jerky  ;D

nepas

MRH

Looks nice NePa, It will be interesting to see how it works out for you.

Mark

hillbillysmoker

Yes, keep us posted.  Interesting concept.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

coyote

I know this is gonna sound stupid....But!...It's got my interest , what is the purpose ? ???
                                                                                           Coyote

NePaSmoKer

coyote

It pulls the moisture from the BS when you make jerky, sausage, dry sausage. I think it will be good on alot of smokes.

nepas

coyote

I was leaning toward that Nepa , ::) Thanks for the info. Would you use that in conjunction with a
circulating fan or could that replace it ???....Hey, I Told you I wasn't tech. smart along time ago. ;D

Coyote

Tiny Tim

If ya wouldn't do 65# loads of Jerky at a time, you wouldn't need that thing, NePa.

Just kidding, dude...looks like a neat add on toy.

NePaSmoKer

um i dont think it would hurt to use it with an inside fan?

nepas

NePaSmoKer

;D ;D ;D
hey no problemo TT

Its good we all can have fun on the BF

going to increase jerky output to #100......................shhhhhh dont let AP know  :o

nepas

Tiny Tim

MRH

NePa where did you get it from?  Do you think it might work as a fan to vent smoke out too?

Mark

Mr Walleye

Similar concept to the pipe I use to my range hood in my garage. I would think it would work good for any items you are trying to keep the temp down or dry and the air moving. This is why I had to cut slots in the vent pipe on my installation because it would draw too much air through the tower.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 17, 2007, 06:52:07 AM
;D ;D ;D
hey no problemo TT

Its good we all can have fun on the BF

going to increase jerky output to #100......................shhhhhh dont let AP know  :o

nepas
I'd be keeping the drapes closed at night nepa. AP might be lurking when he finds out. Watch for strange parked cars across the street. :D ;D ;)

iceman

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 17, 2007, 04:52:35 AM
Ordered this lastnight. A power vent that sits over the top vent of your smoker.
Stainless steel
Washable filter
115 VAC - 12 VDC adapter included
Approx. 7" dia. x 6-1/2" tall
Draws 4.8 amps

Cant wait to try it while smokin some jerky  ;D

nepas
Let me know on the vent fan nepa. I have a positive pressure problem on one of my gas smokers when it gets below zero and that just might be an easy fix for me. Thanks Pat.

NePaSmoKer

Will do Pat.
My wife might say i have positive gas pressure   :o  WOOOHOOO  Or   frrrrrrrrrrttt..............

nepas