Reveo Food Tumbler ?

Started by Mr Walleye, March 24, 2007, 12:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Walleye

I see a few of you guys have a Reveo Food Tumbler. I'm interested how you guys like them and if you feel they worth buying?

Any comments?

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

LilSmoker

Hey Mike that looks like a handy piece of kit, i'm looking for some large foodsaver containers for marinating etc, but they're pretty thin on the ground on this side of the pond.

I like the idea of vacuum marinating, and lately i've been vacuum curing with great results.

It's amazing what gadgets and devices are available nowdays  ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Habanero Smoker

I use mine frequently for marinating whole chicken, chicken parts, turkey legs, pork chops and salmon. I also used it for marinating a variety of vegetables. One of these days I think I'm going to try marinating a small butt. The manufacturer states you should not do more than five pounds. They work great, cuts way down on the marinating time, and they are easy to clean.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Hi HS

What kinda time frame for doing vegtables? Can you really marinate things in 20 minutes? I was thinking of using it jerky and steaks as well.

Are there any fellow Canucks out there, I can't seem to find anybody who carries them here in Canada.

Mike

iceman

MW it only takes about 10 minutes for veggies. If you need I can look up the web site for you and see about Canada shipping. Once you try this thing your going to be hooked for sure. ;)

Gizmo

This site doesn't have the Revo, but it does have the food saver professional, bags, bradley, bisquetts, and canning supplies.  Plus, it is in Canada.

I don't have the Revo, but I do have a food saver that we purchased from this site.  The big difference there is the Revo tumbles the canister.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

I have one, Love it. I also have the heavy duty food saver vac's. I bought my revo from Cabelas for the same price $199.

nepas

Mr Walleye

Hey Iceman

It sounds like a real time saver. Have you tried jerky in it? I looked at their web site but I couldn't find any listing of stores that handle it. I did send them an email but I haven't heard back from them. It has really sparked my interest now!  ???

The site I was looking at is http://www.freethemeat.org/

Mike

NePaSmoKer

Mike

I do jerky in mine and in foodsaver canisters. Both open the meat grain so the marinate permiates it. After i soak the meat in the marinate for awhile. Why hmmmm i dont know  :o

nepas

outlander

i just use the vac bags, at lest for any long term cures that is. ie.BBB and pastramie. as for the jerky and fish, i use a small plastic tub c/w lid and stick it in the fridge for the night.

chris

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on March 24, 2007, 02:46:34 PM
Hi HS

What kinda time frame for doing vegtables? Can you really marinate things in 20 minutes? I was thinking of using it jerky and steaks as well.

Are there any fellow Canucks out there, I can't seem to find anybody who carries them here in Canada.

Mike

It depends on the vegetable, and how it is cut; root vegetables I tumble longer. Generally I tumble for 10 minutes, but some times I go as long as 20. I have also tumbled fruit in a lime/lemon honey mixture, but for fruit you only want to tumble 5-10 minutes; I generally keep it around 5 minutes.

I have tried other methods of vacuum marinading, and for me the Revo had the best performance. So if you can fit it in your budget it is a good buy.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Kummok

I've found that the Reveo is as essential to me as the Bradleys, Mike....both are great at what they do. I've actually served Reveo marinated and "soaked" meats side by side and got consistent comments on the Reveo'd meat being more full flavored than the soaked.

I admit that I was a little concerned at first, about whether or not the tumbler would mascerate my salmon steaks, but it doesn't abuse them at all!

I also used the Foodsaver marinate "tub" prior to the Reveo and I had to regularly shake or turn the meat in order to get more complete coverage of the marinate over all the surfaces of the meat. The actually tumbling in the Reveo eliminated that duty.....just like the Bradley's process eliminates the need to restock the wood chips during the smoke.......

Mr Walleye

Thanks Guys!

Now I'm sold on it!  ;D

If I can just figure out who sells them in Canada.  ???

I guess if all else fails I will order one out of the USA but I just hate paying the brokers fees coming across the border.

Thanks again guys

Mike

iceman

Quote from: Mr Walleye on March 25, 2007, 05:22:38 PM
I guess if all else fails I will order one out of the USA but I just hate paying the brokers fees coming across the border.
Mike
I'm sure someone on this side of the line would be more than willing to mail it to you as a "Gift".
Just buy it and send it to them and have them send it to you as a gift thus no import taxes get tacked on. I mail boxes about that size to the UK and GB for about 20 bucks U.S. so I'm sure it would be less than that to your location. Just thinking out loud again :o :D

Tiny Tim

If I had room on my credit cards, I'd help out in a heartbeat...been a tough last few months though.  Things are starting to look up now however.