Excel Beef FYI

Started by owrstrich, September 01, 2004, 04:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

i didnt know where to post this so i put it here because some of the posters here get their meat at cosco and walmart...

we tested a emmpak excel plant today...

these folks were cutting and packaging beef for resturants and retailers...

the steaks you get at cosco, sams club and walmart are same as you get at outback, chilis and some other national chains... it comes from emmpak excel... same stuff just different packaging...

anyway... here in california... at this plant... the beef comes in refer trucks as frozen de-boned carcuses from kansas, nebraska and iowa...

they thaw them and cut them into the specific bulk cuts and then trim the fat... saw them into portions and either vacuum seal them or put them in standard grocery store packages... then they freeze them and off they go by truck to the sellers distribution site...

there is ablolutely no water or other solutions or chemicals added to the emmpak excel product except for the marinated stuf and it is truly marinated in big tubs with terraki and other stuff...

the put the frozen carcuses in big tubs of water and thaw them like you thaw a turkey in the kitchen sink at thanksgiving... they cut the meat at 28 degrees so it is slighly frozen to make cutting easier... they flash freeze it in a room that was crazy cold... so cold in fact my ink pin froze as soon as i walked in and i was on the verge of frost bite after only 20 seconds...

the fat and scraps removed from the meat was being ground into patties for chain resturants...

the stuff they would not put into patties was being rendered in giant centrifuges where the oil is seperated from the tissue... the oil is bottled for deep frying and the tissue becomes your chain resturant taco meat...

very interesting process... we have tested simuler facilities before but this was the first time i had to tour a meat plant... clean and odorless... and no chemicals...

more later...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Chez Bubba

Interesting......veeery interesting.

At first I thought you were bitchin' about a spreadsheet program![:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?