ts-13010 took a dump

Started by headgames, March 25, 2007, 11:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headgames

just wondering .  I was having great results with a ts-13010 from dwyer controls .......... now today is still gives a read out of box temp .......  but it no longer activates the burner .... no power to the burner ..  any one else had one burn out ??  if so I will explore other avenues of replacement , with some other brand  :-\
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

owrstrich

head... i have not had a single issue with mine...

i plug my smoke generator into the wall seperate of the box... this means the ts only cycles the heat element... this way i can unplug the smoke generator when the pucks are spent and no additional heat is needed... then the ts just controls the box from a seperate wall plug...

when the ts makes on temp fall the red light comes on and i can hear one click... when it breaks on temp rise the red light goes out but i hear no click...

are you hearing any clicks or seeing the red light... you know there is a bunch of settings... i had one messed up once and didnt even know i changed it and the thing would not make at all eventhough the temp was still reading...

i dont have it with me right now or i could look and see if i could figure our which setting it was...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

headgames

thanks . have not yet taken much time to figure it out ..... good thought though if the setting got changed . like if it were trying to control an a/c unit it would operate opposite. but  no  click and no light . I will try and find my paper work to re-program yet tonight ........  i am using mine in my freezer conversion with a 1650 watt element . and like you only controling the box temp .  generator is plugged seperate ....   thanks for the response ...  will  check out and reply .  :-X

owrstrich

here is the documentation...

i think i had the r1 or r2 set wrong when it would not kick in...

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/HTDOCS/PDFFILES/iom/temperature/TS_iom.pdf

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

headgames

ok went back out last night plugged it it and CLICK. it started heating the element ....... weird.  it had quit yesterday 2 hours into my smoke . and would not click to reheat the element.  had it set at 220.  and box temp made it down to 160 before I plugged the element in directly to finish my smoke .............  last night I went all through the whole program sequence looking for errors........... found none .........I am going to plug in when I leave for work and see if it kicks out by lunch again .... thanks  for the advise . Iam crossing my fingers

headgames

ok .    NFC on  why it quit in the middle of my smoke .  left it on all day  today with nothing in it .....  did not miss a beat .  thanks Owrstrich  for all the help  it may have been a program  glitch  ;D

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: headgames on March 26, 2007, 07:17:44 PM
it may have been a program glitch

1. Errant cosmic ray
2. Rod Serling using your generator as a wormhole, disrupting local electronics
3. owrstrich telekinesis mistake, which he helpfully tried to correct.   :D

Arcin' & Sparkin'

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Arcs_n_Sparks on March 26, 2007, 07:31:09 PM
it may have been a program glitch

1. Errant cosmic ray
2. Rod Serling using your generator as a wormhole, disrupting local electronics
3. owrstrich telekinesis mistake, which he helpfully tried to correct.   :D

Arcin' & Sparkin'

nepas guiding dreamland beams your way :o........................................with the secret cloaking device  ;D

nepas

headgames

:D my wife was thinking .  operator error ....... due to  "too much head space". lol .......  you guys might be getting close ....... I belive that mars was in line with pluto on sunday and the cosmic cluster of omega was running interferance with the alpha galaxy ............... Iam sure that was it ............. lol  ;D
once again thanks

owrstrich

i was remote viewing...

nothing supernatural... just remote viewing...

it has been happening often since that night my corvair broke down in pahrump...

crazy aint it...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

Gizmo

it may have been a program  glitch  ;D

At least it wasn't tied to a automatic weapon for a deterrent system as in Robo Cop and no one got blown through the window. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

headgames

ok my ts is being a  *&*%^&^$(%*@$#*%  again .........  seems to cut out after about 3-4 hours at any temp abouve 200.............  if I plug in a lamp and beat on it the light will flicker  ..... unplug it for a half hour and the lamp stays on ........... here is what I would like to ask my electrical wizards ..................is there a thermal protection part inside my ts ???  and if there is and it pops will it make a partial connection when I beat on it like I tried ???...  if so  I know my box is small in size with out ventilation .......... I may try a computer circulating  fan.........  >:(

lmao  just read what I typed ........... I never seen a fan that will CIRCULATE COMPUTERS   LOL

cingnut

Is this part youre referring to one piece of a PID?

owrstrich

head...

if it were mine i would try the palmrap first and the blocksmash second...

palmrap... rap it against tha palm of your hand 10 times fast...

blocksmash... smash it against a concrete block 10 times fast...

thats the only technical things i lernt in paring stuff... then i would order a new one and sent the rapedsmashed one to the sparkler and have him fix it...

then i would cuss olds for suggesting that switch in the first place... although mine has not failed to date...

yours gotts toos eats...

owrstrich

headgames

ok  cingnut  theis is what I have in a 110vac  16 amp spst    http://www.dwyer-inst.com/HTDOCS/PDFFILES/iom/temperature/TS_iom.pdf    would perfer not to purchase a new one if all I need to do is keep this one cool ... any other thoughts out there .............. and what would it take  ($$$$)  to build a real one ?

p.s.   all connections are secure first thing I checked .... and the control at time of shut down is very warm to the touch