Favorite Flavor Poll

Started by cingnut, March 28, 2007, 05:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cingnut

I know the flavor wood you use depends on the food you are smoking and all that, I just want to see what the most popular is amongst the forum members.

Kummok

I voted for Alder, Cingnut....but that's just because I suspect that the only food I'd get on this island woud be seafood!?!?!?  If there were fur or feathers, instead of just fin, that wound up in the smoker, that might complicate things.....

NePaSmoKer

I went with alder also.  ;D

nepas

cingnut

Quote from: Kummok on March 28, 2007, 06:01:14 PM
I voted for Alder, Cingnut....but that's just because I suspect that the only food I'd get on this island woud be seafood!?!?!? 

LOL...  Don't take me TOO literal.  Just imagine you could only ever have one flavor smoke for the rest of your life.  All the food options still available, just one smoke to compliment them all.  One smoke to rule them ALL!!!  LOL

coyote

Old hickory is the smoke for me.....at least that's what I have the most of. ;D It reminds me of my
childhood................HICKORY SWITCHES :o

Coyote

West Coast Kansan

Oak, nice middle of the road flavor.  ;D  I hate commitment  :D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

MRH

I am with coyote... Hickory for me too.

Mark

MWS

I'd have to go with pecan. Good with all meats IMHO.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Arcs_n_Sparks

I'm trying to vote again......

Aren't we playing by Chicago rules?

Arcs_n_Sparks

jaeger

I like to use Alder for smoked cheese and apple for pork but my #1 favorite for sausage and jerky is hickory .... so that's how I voted.

Oldman

Favorite Flavor is 5' 2" eyes of blue.... oh favorite wood smoke -- Oak.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

coyote

I like the way you're thinkin' Olds. ;D

LilSmoker

I voted oak as it's a good allrounder ;)

Don't know what food i'd be eating? it would depend if Micki had been noodling that day?  ;D :D ;)
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Wildcat

I voted for oak.  I have found it good on almost everything.  May be a little harsh on some things, but that would just be a matter of less time in the smoke.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tiny Tim

I voted Apple since that's my favorite for the porcine critter, and that critter is the one I like best. :D