Pulled the Trigger!

Started by cingnut, March 25, 2007, 03:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cingnut

Finally ordered a Bradley 6 Rack Digital!  I am looking forward to trying the stock config, but will be collecting the components for a PID soon.  Anyone recommend a vendor for a Maverick?  Per some sound board advise, I will be smoking some chickens for my virgin smoke, but am seriously looking forward to some of the more complex foods like butts and brisket.  I can make kick a$$ ribs on my Ducane gas grill so I am anxious to see how they turn out on the Bradley.

I will keep everyone posted, link me some instructions on posting photos if you want to see my set up and products!

West Coast Kansan

Bed Bath and Beyond has them as will as a number of BBQ equipment dealers.

below has been used to score a unit also by some on the forum.  I have not used them.

http://www.thegadgetsource.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=7843b833d134a9feb8d043228eb3b6a6&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=011502013733&Category_Code=BBQTHERMOMETERS&Product_Count=10

Gizmo has the same unit you have ordered. Good guy to swap info with also...

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Cignut,
Congratulations on a wise investment.

Don't think you will have any problems making big points with anyone you share with.  I'd say it is pretty easy to turn out great food with the Bradley.  I will be interesting to see how your DBS vs Duncan turns out.  If smoke flavor is what you crave, the DBS should out shine hands down.  The rest of the process (rub, cooking, FTC, moisturizing, or what ever you do.... to the meat or yourself, if you have been reading the many posts here for a while you'll know what I mean) is up to individual tasts and talents of the cook.  I prefer my ribs to be almost falling off the bone, so I will FTC after smoking.  Ribs can be consumed directly out of the Bradley (and I have) but also will benefit from post treatment such as a slathering of Iceman's Sopin' Sauce and a quick turn on the flame.  The variations are as endless as your imagination and beyond.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

LilSmoker

That's great news cingnut, you can now look forward to some awesome food!, and fun along the way!

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

NePaSmoKer

OBS

BPS

Oh man i can see a BDS 6er in the garage soon  ;D

nepas