Another new Digital!

Started by cingnut, March 29, 2007, 04:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cingnut

I see a few posts for new Digital arrivals today.  Add mine to the list!  I ordered it last weekend and it wasn't supposed to ship until April 9th, so needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when I found it waiting for me in the driveway when I returned home from work.  I immediately unboxed and assembled it to be sure all components were present and accounted for, then I popped all the racks and such in the dishwasher for step one in the seasoning process.  I then powered up the smoke generator and was a bit dismayed to find the smoke On/Off switch wasn't working.  I stewed and fretted for about 20 minutes while I reread the assembly instructions to be sure I didn't screw up the connections some how, and then gave the button on final forceful press before calling customer service.  To my relief all I needed to do was press harder!  I have not purchased any flavor pucks yet as I was not expecting delivery this soon, and I am still waiting for more votes on the Flavor Poll (http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=4972.0) please click the link and vote for your favorite!  I hope to pick up enough pucks for seasoning as well as smoking a couple whole chickens this weekend.  I will try and document and post pictures of my maiden voyage.

West Coast Kansan

Chicken = pecan

:D  :D  :D

I already voted for Oak  ;D

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Consiglieri

Cing:  grab a variety of pucks.  Most of the interesting recipes I've seen here involve alternating the bisquettes in various ratios.  Hickory favors prominantly in land animals.  Where pork is concerned (butts or ribs) I see that folks here like to mix in the fruits and nuts (I prefer apple, but cherry and pecan are nice too).  When I first ordered my unit I bought two boxes of apple, and one each of mesquite and hickory.

Didn't take me too long before I wanted to fill up the spice rack with many others.  If you look around online, there are some vendors with deals.  But if you read the posts or happen to contact the business, you'll find that ChezBubba.com earns a special place here with advice, recipes, good will, and a devotion to Bradley enthusiasts.
Consiglieri