Red warning light on OBS

Started by Boybach, April 03, 2007, 11:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boybach

Hi Folks some more help please
Can you confirm that the red light next to my temperature gauge is working correctly. The more I move the slider to the right (hotter) the brighter the light becomes and conversely moving it left - colder - the dimmer it becomes finally going out completely when hard over. This is a new replacement Temp PCB The cabinet temp seems to be working.
Thanks BB

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

iceman

On the OBS thats the way it's supposed to work BoyBach

Tiny Tim

That's the way mine works...also think it dims/brightens as the lamp is going out or coming on to reduce or increase the heat, but I could be mistaken on that.

Boybach

Thanks again for the info. The reason I asked was that John Watkins (Bradley rep in UK) wrote on their new Bradley Smokers On-Line Smoking Course Hints & Tips section that the red light remains on constantly. Guess he got it wrong, so will relax in knowledge I have at last a proper working OBS. Cooking ribs , chicken wings and small brisket this Saturday. Having neighbours around for first BBQ of season. (The weather is forecast to be Fine bright & warm) ;D ;D

manxman

QuoteBradley Smokers On-Line Smoking Course

I see from this that there is a new book, " The Complete Book of Bradley Smoker Know How" being prepared for publication in 2008. Await this with interest!  ;)

Much of the course seems to be based on the forthcoming book content, it appears they already have over 200 people signed up for the course.

http://www.foodsmoker.co.uk
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: manxman on April 04, 2007, 01:10:53 PM
QuoteBradley Smokers On-Line Smoking Course

I see from this that there is a new book, " The Complete Book of Bradley Smoker Know How" being prepared for publication in 2008. Await this with interest!  ;)

Much of the course seems to be based on the forthcoming book content, it appears they already have over 200 people signed up for the course.

http://www.foodsmoker.co.uk
Thanks for posting the link again. I lost it, and was having trouble finding it again.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tiny Tim

I just bookmarked that site and signed up...don't know how long I'll stay a student, but I'm starting it anyway.

Wildcat

When I am smoking and drinking at the same time I rely on that warning light to remind me that I am cooking as well as smoking and to look at the temp gauge. ;D ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

when i'm smokin and drinkin  when i'm smokin and drinkin  when i'm smokin and drinkin  when i'm smokin and drinkin  when i'm smokin and drinkin  when i'm smokin and drinkin. maybe i should stop drinkin while i am smokin :o DOH

nEpAs

coyote

I Love This Place :o 8) :o 8)

Boybach

Thanks Manx for putting the thread to the new Bradley Book on. My apologies to all that I didn't fathom out it would be useful to you old pro's
Have a Happy Easter
BB

manxman

QuoteMy apologies to all that I didn't fathom out it would be useful to you old pro's

I bet very few people would claim to be an expert on all matters BS so hopefully there is something for everyone on the course although I am sure it will be pretty basic to the more experienced users.

The other thing is that there is a feedback/forum part so errors and omissions can be fed back to Bradley via Grakka such as the confusion that arose over the warning light.

Maybe the proposed book is proof read by half a dozen of the "old timer" regular BS users here on the forum for suggestions, errors and omissions.  Including links to the forum and Olds site is a must.  :D

And I do hope any included recipes are better than the recipe book and/or  cards included with the BS/pucks, for example Kummock's hot smoked salmon recipe is THE one IMHO and should be included...... with permission of course. ;)
Manxman

Wildcat

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on April 04, 2007, 06:55:47 PM
when i'm smokin and drinkin  when i'm smokin and drinkin  when i'm smokin and drinkin  when i'm smokin and drinkin  when i'm smokin and drinkin  when i'm smokin and drinkin. maybe i should stop drinkin while i am smokin :o DOH

nEpAs

???
OK, I get the message.  Comedy is not my strong suite so I guess I will stick to golf, smoking, and simply enjoy my retirement. :-X

Wildcat

Well, it has been a couple of days now and no further comments so I guess I got the right message.  Thanks NEPAS for letting me know I should not try to make any jokes on this forum.  What a guy.

manxman

QuoteThanks NEPAS for letting me know I should not try to make any jokes on this forum

Don't give up on the jokes Wildcat, if I worried about the number of times some of my attempts had fallen flat I would be afraid to post anything vaguely funny.

Just need to catch people at the right time for a funny to take off and that is purely down to luck.  ;) :D Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't!!

Manxman