Cleaning my smoker....

Started by westcoastgal, September 02, 2004, 08:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoastgal

I've done 4 or 5 smokes now (all over 5 hours)and I've got a couple of questions for all you wonderful folks...
Should I be cleaning the crud off the heat deflector and element?
How often (or rarely!) should I clean the interior walls? Ever??
Should I clean off the thermometer probe for more accurate readings?
What about the ring where the bisc burner enters the unit?
And..last but not least...what about the little button thing on the back wall? What the heck is that? [:I]
Thanks,
and Happy Smoking!
Theresa

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by westcoastgal</i>
<br />I've done 4 or 5 smokes now (all over 5 hours)and I've got a couple of questions for all you wonderful folks...
Should I be cleaning the crud off the heat deflector and element?<font color="red">Yes, obviously after it's cooled. Just a damp cloth cleaning, no scrubbing involved.</font id="red">
How often (or rarely!) should I clean the interior walls? Ever??<font color="red">Basically never, just a light wipe with dry paper towels.</font id="red">
Should I clean off the thermometer probe for more accurate readings?<font color="red">I clean mine for cleanliness, if you want accuracy, get a dual probe.</font id="red">
What about the ring where the bisc burner enters the unit?<font color="red">Yes, with minor scrubbing.</font id="red">
And..last but not least...what about the little button thing on the back wall? What the heck is that? [:I]<font color="red">Just a guess, probably a shutdown sensor in case the unit overheats.</font id="red">
Thanks,
and Happy Smoking!
Theresa
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><font color="red">Make sure you wipe down the door seal & the face of the smoker with a moist towel.

Kirk</font id="red">

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?